Mothering Forum banner

161 - 180 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
NOW they started fining people in Cali.....

And this makes ZERO sense -- isn't a person more secluded in a car?

Drive north and you'll also find enforcement, but not as harsh.
On the road to Tennessee Valley Trail in Marin County, drivers were being turned around.

Only people on bikes or on foot are allowed in, others risk a $100 ticket.

In Tiburon, popular trails can be accessed on foot, but even locals who park are getting $45 tickets.
https://www.ktvu.com/news/authoriti...c50qvyZTjarypZAVk0pR7gl9wp4VMAZlRlOkD14bQTEuI

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
YES!

As I understand it,
if a person goes to the doctor to get their CORONAVIRUS19 status,
if the person tests + for CORONAVIRUS19 status,
is sent home to quarantine,
and the person has a fatal automobile accident on the way home,
the cause of death stated on the death certificate is CORONAVIRUS19, not automobile accident.

Do you get that?
Amazingly you are absolutely correct. This is a comment on an Amazing Polly video:
2 of my friends that live in suburbs outside New York City told me this:

One: my mother died of Parkinson’s Disease 7 weeks ago in our home where she was living. It was not unexpected & she was on Hospice care. We finally got her death certificate & it said she died of Covid 19 virus complications! We were shocked to say the least! None of us, nor my mother nor the hospice care giver had symptoms; no one was tested either.

Another friend let me know that her son’s death certificate finally arrived also & it said the same thing! He was instantly killed in a motorcycle accident!

Neither one of these to people were taken to any hospitals, no, they went straight to the mortuary to be cremated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm really afraid of this virus.

Because in just a month under quarantine it impacted the economy small and large businesses plus it really shows us how nasty is the social media and all the fake news that want to strike fear in our hearts.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I'm really afraid of this virus.

Because in just a month under quarantine it impacted the economy small and large businesses plus it really shows us how nasty is the social media and all the fake news that want to strike fear in our hearts.
Did the social media and fake news strike/fuel your fear about it?

·
Registered
18,456 Posts
This looks like good news https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/0...igh-flow-oxygen-protocol-proning-ventilators/

and fussing about whether a treatment is scientifically valid? Ventilators are not helping people. So doctors should be free to try other options.

But more than a month in, with many patients on ventilators not surviving, some front-line doctors are reconsidering.

Anumber of front-line doctors adopted a protocol to deliver high-flow oxygen through a tube or mask for long periods of time and using so-called “proning” — moving patients off their backs.
“We started having patients go to their left side or their right side and suddenly the oxygenation went up, and we’re able to reverse the hypoxemia and prevent the intubation,” Farcy said.

It doesn’t work for everyone and this approach has critics who are uncomfortable with a protocol that hasn’t undergone a lengthy clinical trial.
“We don’t have the time to do that right now. This is a war zone,” CBS2’s Dr. Max Gomez said.
Gomez, who is normally all about data and research, went on to say, “This is not usually what I would say, but I’ve come to believe that it’s not unreasonable to try other things.”

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #173

·
Registered
24,468 Posts

Governor Andrew Cuomo not wearing a face mask in public when he announces his Executive Order requiring everybody to wear a face mask in public. Leadership.

Reactions: Nazsmum

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
Be safe, nazsmum! Look forward to your report.

Attachments

Reactions: idler

·
Registered
18,456 Posts
There is a lot of interesting stuff in that article.

On the basis of a case definition requiring a diagnosis of pneumonia, the currently reported case fatality rate is approximately 2%.4 In another article in the Journal, Guan et al.5 report mortality of 1.4% among 1099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm worried about the second wave later this year - given that Covid19 does a lot of damage to the lungs and there's no guarantee of immunity once you've gotten over it I think anyone that gets it in the first half of 2020 will be really at risk should they contract it again

·
Registered
18,456 Posts
I'm worried about the second wave later this year - given that Covid19 does a lot of damage to the lungs and there's no guarantee of immunity once you've gotten over it I think anyone that gets it in the first half of 2020 will be really at risk should they contract it again

We don't actually have evidence that Covid-19 caused the lung damage. We do know that spending time on ventilators can cause all sorts of severe damage and until recently that was the recommended treatment for serious cases.

Do you have a study showing damage to the lungs in people who were not on ventilators?

161 - 180 of 595 Posts