Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From CNN ~

(CNN) -- The U.S. state of Missouri has warned authorities to be on the alert after a fetus was cut from the womb of a homicide victim in the town of Skidmore, the Nodaway County Sheriff's Department has said.

Authorities say Bobbi Jo Stinnett was killed around 3 p.m. (4 p.m. ET) and "the unborn child was removed from her body by the person or persons who committed the crime."

"The victim was eight months pregnant at the time of her death and medical personnel indicate that the child may be viable."

The subject of the search is described as "an 8-month-old white female fetus."

The Amber abduction alert says the "suspect possibly has blonde hair" and may be driving a red vehicle.

It also suggests things to look for in the case include "bloody clothing or towels, possible health issues with the fetus and a freshly cut umbilical cord."

U.S. authorities release Amber alerts when they believe immediate widespread publicity will help solve abduction cases.

The system came into being after a 9-year-old girl named Amber was kidnapped in Arlington, Texas, and was discovered four days later in a drainage ditch close to her home.
------

This makes me sick!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I have been hearing about this all morning since I live near Kansas City.

It makes me sick to my stomach everytime I hear about this sort of crime. This would be why I NEVER tell anyone but very close family exactly how far along I am when I am pregnant. Pariniod??? Maybe??

·
Premium Member
15,484 Posts
Why didn't her husband call the cops? I don't understand how saying "I've just given birth" when you're not pregnant makes any sense. Maybe she'd just miscarried or he didn't know, or...
It's just awful.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Saw this--how sick can a person be? And either her husband was a complete numbskull, or a partner in crime. His non-pregnant wife calls him to say she's just given birth and he just goes and picks her and "her" new baby up? How bizarre is that?

Isn't it a little wierd though to say 'Be on the look-out for a fetus'? It was a born baby, however sick and vile and horrible the circumstances of it's birth. Kind of odd phrasing. I'm glad they found that baby alive and well.

I can't get this out of my mind. Don't feel safe walking around with my own protruding pregnant belly.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
yes - i am having a hard time getting over this one...sometimes i just feel that i don't understand the world. whenever i think about the sweet baby being brought into this world that way AND without the warmth of her mother nearby, i feel sick.
but then, i come to this site and my faith in humanity is restored...
-sigh-

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Speechless is the word.

And I too remember hearing about this before.

So, as the Wicked Witch of the East said as she was melting, "What a world...".

Joyce in the mts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.