Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have almost finished crochet/knitting my first soaker and my MIL has made dd a beautiful knit soaker. I am super excited about getting these on dd for wear but it is starting to get cooler and I am wondering what you soaker moms do when it's cold. I see all the pics of your babes in t's and their soakers in the summer...do you just keep adding layers of clothing over top?
It just seems so bulky! I saw the Little Turtle Knits Longies on www.littleturtleknits.com/ and that seems like a (supercute)solution. What say you oh, Soaker-moms!

More details that you might want: DD is almost 6 months, ~20 lbs, I have her in a CPF premium with the blue edges. Maybe this dipe is big for her size and adds more bulk than when she gets a little bigger?

Thanks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm trying to get my hands on some of those wool pants! They do look perfect for the upcoming weather! I'd hate to pack away the wool and resort to pul covers when heading out just to be able to fit clothes over dd's bum
In the cool weather, for around the house I still use the regular wool soakers.....I love long dresses on little girls and have a ton of them - and it doesn't matter how bulky the butt is under a dress

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
However I also put a CPF (premium) snappi'd under a soaker under pants, my the soakers I have knit don't seem to be that bulky, they are actually pretty trim compared to single layer of windpro (other covers I have) not as trim as a PUL cover, but too me it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. They are trimmer than a HB, or another fleece AIO or pocket even. ~

·
Registered
146 Posts
Colin wears pants over a soaker with no problem - his soakers are pretty trim, and fit nicely under clothes. Not as trim as PUL, of course, but still very doable.

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
I use soakers under clothes. My Little Turtle Knits fit just fine- they aren't bulky like Aristocrats or Ecolovables (though these two are great soaker that I love, too). I have to say, I have not met a soaker I didn't love.

I bought the longies pattern and am going to start knitting when my yarn comes in the mail. I have a recycled sweater wool pant (from Freshies) that we used and loved last winter so I know I love wool pants-- need more!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MamaMonica
I use soakers under clothes. My Little Turtle Knits fit just fine
Me to on this one...

My LKT is the trimmest, 100% effective wool cover that I have. All the other ones are either hugely bulky or too thin to use on-the- go without a super thick diaper underneath.

Bulky is relative I guess, I'm just so gratefull for a wool cover that works for my heavy wetter that I just limit myself to dressing dd in loose fitting clothes.

BTW Heidi at sugarbums can be talked into making jersey wool pants.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks y'all. This all helps! I had her in the MIL soaker today with a dress and it was great! And, of course, she was the cutest thing ever!

For those of you who do dress-soaker combo in winter, do you put anything on over to cover her legs around the house or just when going out?

Anybody know of any *free* patterns for longies? Or easy adaptations? I am ok with crochet and am learning how to knit as we go...

And I must say that I love this forum!! Hugs
to everybody for the support!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I LOVE the Little Turtle knits pattern...

I ordered the long pants on but, I have not gotten my yarn to start them yet.. I plan to use them as PJ's for the boys for the winter.. I will be using fitteds, I like to keep poop inside the diaper and when I use CPF I get leaks
I just don't pin well, LOL...

Best of Luck

Oh and Theresa (owner of LTK) gives support with her patterns so if you have any questions you just go and post to her board and someone will help you out

Liz

·
Registered
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SkeeterMom

For those of you who do dress-soaker combo in winter, do you put anything on over to cover her legs around the house or just when going out?

I don't have a girl

But, it would be the cutest thing to see a pair of matching knit soaker pants under a dress

Liz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts