Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is in soccer every saturday morning. Next Saturday is the last one. He missed 2 weekends ago because we were out of town. Last Saturday got rained out so yesterday was the make-up day. He LOVES it. He asks to play soccer all the time (Dp plays too, a couple days a week, and ds is jealous that dp gets to play more than he does
).

This morning ds woke us up with the sound of vomitting
: I'll spare you the details, but the short of it is I think he woke up, went downstairs, didn't see us and freaked himself out to the point of puking. I don't know WHY he didn't come to our bedroom (he just keeps saying "I was looking for you mama"
). He goes to our bedroom EVERY morning. It's not like this is new!

Now he seems fine. He's running around, playing, no fever, ate some grapes (ETA- just checked his bowl and he only ate maybe 2 grapes... unusual for him), says he feels fine.

Would I be a horrible parent for taking him to soccer in an hour? He loves soccer so much and he *seems* fine. If I ask him he says he wants soccer.

WWYD? Also- Dp says that yesterday at soccer one of the other kids on the team starting puking during practice so he's definately not the only one!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would be inclined keep him at home; yes he will be dissapointed but if its a virus he should be resting and not running around playing soccer. Even if he is feeling better now the bug could be still in his system.

It's really up to your judgement.

Maybe your dp could give him a special game just the two of them one afternoon to make up for it. kids love one on one time with their parents.

Hope he feels better soon

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
So he woke up knowing he was going to play? When I was a little kid I would puke my guts up when I got excited. Maybe that's his issue since he hasn't played in a while. If he doesn't have a fever I might be tempted to let him go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts