Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need some help. I am trying to find a telephone number for someone moving to Pinal County. They are moving here from NY and receive medicaid and a cash grant for a child in their care. So they are looking for Temporary Assistance. In NY its called Social Services. I can't find a number. There worker in NY said it maybe called something else here like Childrens Services? At any rate I have no idea what I am doing and can't seem to find a number. HELP! Tina~

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
there are several different types of aid available. if she has children under the age of 5 she should contact the WIC office, women infants and children, even if breastfeeding she could qualify for groceries jucie cereal peanut butter etc for kids over age 1 also nursing moms get carrots peanutbutter etc...

if she needs food stamps/health insurance/cash assistance that is thru the department of economic security. she can download an application and fill it out and mail it in if she knows where she will be living.
also des has a career service department to help her find employment and career training if needed

fyi you can get both BOTH wic and food stamps...

also if she a church member look up the local organization and they are wonderful as well...

just google search arizona department of economic security and arizona wic

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you I finally found it. Everytime I would try and search for DES I would bring up Karate schools. I never thought to google since I never use that search engine. But it worked like a charm. Man I was getting so frustrated I wanted to cry. Thanks again! Tina~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.