Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
20,366 Posts

· Registered
2,014 Posts
When I read this I started thinking "I can sort of understand some form of irrational fear and freaking out thinking they'd take the baby", but rape?! SICKOS! (Not that murder is a step up, but I could envision a crime of passion/heat of the moment fear based thing.)

This world sometimes I really really want to just step off of it.

· Registered
6,128 Posts
That's horrible.
I'm a social worker, and I don't do homevisits in my current job, but this kind of stuff crossed my mind when I have done them. It's a rare occurance though, and to the pp--if you have the desire to do this work, please don't let stories like this stop you. The bad pay? Sure.

· Registered
500 Posts
So.....let me get this straight - they killed the social worker because they were afraid of losing their child???? I guess they didn't think too far ahead to what the authorities would do when they were both put in prison for the rest of their lives for first-degree murder.

And how did sexually assaulting her help with her disposal???

So strange.

· Registered
6,472 Posts
That is really terrible. It's part of why I think that police should always accompany social workers on home visits, or at least someone with police powers. The risks are just too great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.