632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What yarn(s) do you prefer for socks?<br>
I normally use LB magic strip<br>
and just found some kroy in my basket...<br>
but i want something a bit better that might wear better.<br>
I am knitting and crocheting socks for xmas.<br>
starting now cuz i need to make 20 pairs.<br>
So what should i look for? got any good links?

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Regia and Opal are both good. I have also knit some with Sisu Fantasy that re holding up well. I can check with mom, but she seems to feel her Kroy socks are holding up really well.<br>
I insist on at least 75% wool for socks because otherwise it makes my feet stink.<br>
Also, Cascade Fixation makes awesome socks and it seems to knit up faster then the wool yarns.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I like Lorna's Laces Shephard's sock.<br><br><a href="http://knittingzone.com/catalog/index.php?cName=yarn-by-name-shepherds-sock" target="_blank">http://knittingzone.com/catalog/inde...shepherds-sock</a>

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I bought some Classic Elite Star (cotton lycra) that showed up in out local craft store a few weeks ago. I saw a sock knit with it at KnitFest last year, and it was so thick & cushy & stretchy....plus they had it in all those groovy new summer colors - the turquoise and orange sherbet and lime and lemon.....ooooh yeah!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Koigu! YUM YUM!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys!<br>
my boss and i were talking about this tonight at work (we both are on a sock streak), shes going to pick up some of these at a better yarn store on her way home from madison this weekend.<br>
Our LYS...god bless their hearts...they are getting better... but still nothing yummy yummy yummy<br>
hehehe and she is getting some manos too lol lol lol i could not resist.

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
I like Socketta- it doesn't knit up quick since its so thin but the resulting socks fit well in shoes. Dd (who is sensitive to scratchy yarns) says they are very soft and they have held up well. Also colors are very cool!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>MamaMonica</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I like Socketta-</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
omg ok thats the 1 specific one my boss said she did not like lol lol.<br>
you said it works well thu huh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts