Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
garlic mushrooms. cook mushrooms then put soft cheese, chives, parsley in pot to melt cheese on mushroomd.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know eh! RECIPE JUST SATS 5 OZ SOFT CHEESE. I PROBABLY COULD JUST TRY WITH (oops sorry caps) the cream cheese. does cream cheese melt???

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
try sour cream. seriously. i do it all the time. sautee mushrooms, then mix in parsley, garloc and sour cream. sour cream will sort fo melt from teh heat. so be sure not to put too much.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Yes it melts.

I would try cream cheese although I think they may mean something more like alouette...How bad could it be? Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Yeah, I'd try the cream cheese. It's a soft cheese, and the flavor is pretty mild, so it wouldn't overpower anything else, even if it's not exactly what they meant. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I'll try with the cream cheese.

I would do it with the sour cream but I just made mushroom stroganoff the other day which sounds like what the poster who suggested the cream cheese is describing.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yogurt cheese might work also (when you put a container of plain yogurt in cheese cloth and let it drain all the whey out).

Deb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts