Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a nice soft, easy-on fleece cover for aplix that's wide enough to go over a pinned prefold, nice and snug on skinny minnies but not tight or hard to manage! I'm so tired of my covers, they take so much effort and nitpicking to get on, I just feel like wrapping her softly with the ease of a blanket

I have the polar bummis but I want something breathable without PUL, and maybe bigger aplix tabs.

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiamond
I've got a couple Swaddlebees fleece covers and really like them! They're even sized generously to fit over prefolds with a snappi. I've never had one leak on me either, even overnight.

http://swaddlebees.com/products/diap...ers/fleecewrap
I've been super curious about these. Have you tried them over a laid-in tri-folded prefold? If so, how well do they work that way?

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiamond
I've got a couple Swaddlebees fleece covers and really like them! They're even sized generously to fit over prefolds with a snappi. I've never had one leak on me either, even overnight.

http://swaddlebees.com/products/diap...ers/fleecewrap
I'm glad I saw this ... I've been totally wondering about how well the Swaddlebees fleece covers would work on something other than their fitteds. I've been tempted to try one.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wawoof
I've been super curious about these. Have you tried them over a laid-in tri-folded prefold? If so, how well do they work that way?
They work great that way too! In fact, that's my favorite method of using them.

See, in my BSWW, I prefer to fold the diaper as if I was going to snappi, because the sides might be a little rough against DD's skin. But with the fleece wraps, the sides are still very soft so I don't have any concern about it being directly against the skin. And of course, a tri-folded PF is more absorbant, which works great for nighttime! The only thing is that the fleece is thicker than, say, pull so you end up with a bulky diaper, but I think there's no way around that.

The SB fleece covers are two layers of fleece in the crotch area and one layer around the sides. I like it this way because two layers througout would make it even more bulky. Like I said, I've never had a leek with these covers and I think that's because there's two layers of fleece in the crotch area.

Oh, and I've also used the wraps with just hemp pocket inserts instead of a folded PF. I like to use a HH Stuffin with a terry doubler on top and that combination seems to work just as well, if not better, than a prefold.

I will say the only downside I have noticed, and it's not a big deal, is that the applix tabs start curling outwards a little. I think this is because the fleece is so stretchy, it puts some resistance on the tabs, pulling them back. It's not like the whole tab comes undone or anything like that. . it's just the very corners that start to curl out. But all in all, DD's usually wearing some sort of clothes so it hasn't been an issue so far.

Hope this helps!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts