Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, finally thinking about breaking down and getting a didymos wrap. I love wrapping, just never had a didy. Which one do you think is the softest, say in it's first year??
Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question exactly. The Didymos wrap is one brand of wrap, do you mean which color or pattern is softest? I have 2 and I love them and think they are very soft - though not too soft as to get stretched out - one is red the other is natural.
There are other brands of wraps - but I haven't tried those

I hope that's helpful.

·
Registered
602 Posts
With didys, you've got 3 main types- the stripes, the jacquards (which includes the waves and the rhombus patterns), and the indios. Each individual pattern and colorway is differently soft right out of the box. Indios are probably the most soft immediately without use, but every didy will soften up and become more and more fluffy and cuddly with use and wear. If softness is your goal, you might look into used didys- these will be already broken in for you. If you buy one new, just wash it on delicate a few times, air dry, and sit on it, sleep with it, and use it as much as you can- this will break it in nicely.

I've got a purple waves and a black/white indio. The indio was much softer than the waves right out of the box, but the waves softened up quickly with not much use. The waves, stripes, and indios all have different feels and different grips. The waves is more grippy than the indio, but the indio is cushier. Different wraps for different moods/needs!

Most mamas I know who are didy experts (meaning they have huge didy stashes) recommend following your heart- go with your favorite colorway, then break it in. All didys become soft and supple with time.

Keep in mind that if you get a didy and end up not loving it, they have a really high resale value, so you'd likely get most of your $ back, or at least be able to make a really good trade for another wrap- there are always people clamoring for used didys.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Felicitymom
Who's clamering for a used didy???? I have one, size 6, indio blue, like new... anyone want to buy it?

Nancy
Check the Trading Post- or For Sale or Trade forum on www.thebabywearer.com -now that forum has a ton of moms looking to spend money! Didys sell quickly on there!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I think the indios are the softest. And how soft they get depends on how many times it's washed/dried and used. So many people wash it a few times before they even use it. It gets softer with drying but since they do shrink some people get a size bigger just to allow for shrinkage. Or you can just hang dry it but it takes the softening process a little longer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are great words of advice, thank you! Yes, I was referring to the different weaves of the didy's as far as which was the softest. I was thinking about getting one of the waves, but have also considered getting one of the natural indios. Maybe I should just sell my Ellaroo and get both......LOL!!!!
:

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I think the Indios are, especially the natural fiber ones. I've got a Wildrose and a Krokus (both a pink-ish) that were supple and soft right out of the box. I've also felt up a Red indio that had been well broken in, and it wasn't nearly as soft as my WR and Krokus were brand new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts