Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaack! There's so many choices in solarveil slings I don't know what/which one to get! I've seen prices range from $30-$59, with pockets, key/toy rings, contrasting rail trims, hoods, pockets, carry bags etc.

Which feature would be important to you?

I'm wavering between getting a ring sling and a pouch, a contrasting rail trim, pocket or no pocket(?), key ring, or hood. Sheesh, if I could only have it all, I'd be all set!

What would you do? Any pros and cons? Help!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a SBP solarveil ring sling that I love. I didn't get the pocket but wish I did since I use the sling everyday for walks and I miss having a spot to put a house key. I also took it to the beach for the first time on the weekend and it worked great!! It was cute to see my 8 week old's little bikini through the mesh fabric!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
If you're using it mainly for swimming then get the pouch so you don't have to worry about the tail always swishing around. Or if you have hard time with slings then the pouch will be great.

If you're getting it mainly for sun protection/beach/park use then get the sling so you have the tail for cover-up for their heads or arms, etc. The hood isn't that big of a deal since the tail does this well-but it's always nice. A pocket is really handy and I'd recommend it if you can get it. I don't have one on mine so am adding one with just cotton materail.

I have a sling and really like it alot-I use it all the time and he's never been sunburned yet though my arm that wasn't covered was burned the first time I used it for a few hrs. LOL

I posted a big list of sources of solarveil pouches and slings at the www.thebabywearer.com in the "choosing" forum yesterday FYI.

·
Registered
137 Posts
FWIW, I got the tentoes RS with the contrasting rail in seafoam. I got it in the largest size they had so I would have an extra long tail to either use of cover for her head or if I want to shorten it, I can use the extra fabric to add a pocket.

·
Registered
169 Posts
When I bought mine (Kangaroo Korner RS, on clearance last Octoberish) I thought I was only going to use it in the shower--but it's such a great fabric for summer. If I were to do it over, I'd get something with a better shoulder for me--the KK is fine for shorter carries, but when it comes to longer treks in the heat I am sort of stuck because we bake in our mei tai.

I think Lisa at Sachi makes solarveil slings (a lot of people like her RS shoulder), and I personally think (if the shoulder works for you) any Zolo--such thoughtful details!--is worth the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.