Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My almost 11 month old appears to be on a solids strike. He's never been wild about solids, but he was starting to warm up to eating food and was becoming more and more interested in trying new tastes and textures.<br>
For the past 3+ weeks, his interest has almost completely waned. Now he's been sick and cut 2 new teeth, so I thought that explained what was going on, but all that has seemed to pass, and he's still adamantly refusing to eat. He either refuses to put anything in his mouth, or will have a bite or two and then refuse to have more. Even when he seems to enjoy the food, he won't have more than a couple of bites.... with the exception of Cheerios and puffed rice... those he will eat, go figure.<br>
I know he's getting his nutritional needs met through BF, I am just concerned about this change.<br>
Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
My only thoughts are that we are going through the same thing. He only self feeds, wouldn't let me give him anything if i tried! Even his favorites. Except cheerios and rice cakes. Same story. He has even stopped intrest in the sippy cup, straw, open cup. UG! I think this may be teething, maybe your teething isn't over like you think? Who knows. Just go with it i guess.<br><br>
I'm curious to hear other's thoughts. Just know you're not alone!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
My two year old still goes through weeks when she eats two bites of solids a day and she is a pretty big toddler. Baring any medical problem it is very normal for kids to have huge variations in the amount they eat.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks mamas! I guess we'll just wait and see. It is entirely possible that he is still teething too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts