Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is 7 months. I am not sure if he wants to eat of not but he sure takes whatever we offer. DH thinks he wants to eat and he doesn't have the tongue relex anymore so.... I gave him some of my broccoli last night, which he happily took. I thought he spit it all back out but this afternoon I found out he didn't! He also didn't digest it...lol. So I don't really want to spoon stuff in, I would rather he eat from my plate. Just keep going and not care that it passed right through?

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Moving to Life with a Babe

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Check out the self feeding support thread. I"ve been lurking it with great interest and letting my dd feed herself chunks for a few weeks now.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
the more they get the hang of it and the more teeth they get - more of the food will be chewed and digested. i wouldnt worry about it since at that age food is just for fun. the baby should be getting its nutrition from bm or formula....so if he likes the food and wants to eat it then go ahead. my 13 month old loves any type of tomato and eats them everyday. she has 8 teeth and i still find plenty of distinguishable tomato pieces in her diaper!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts