Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was perusing the baby book section a while back in search of some light baby related reading. I came across a book by 'Jenny McCarthy' (not a fan, but what the heck). It was a book on her child-rearing experiences. Can't remember the name.
Anyways, the back cover had a section of the book printed out. It was about her decision to circ. her son (which **I think**her husband didn't want). She said: "...I want my son to have a pretty penis..."

OMG!!!

I couldn't read it. I wouldn't buy it. It is sad that this type of thinking will convince other mothers who are influenced by famous types to also want "a pretty penis" for their son! I feel really sad for her son.....

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I see a circed baby penis (or little boy penis) and I don't think "pretty" I think "yuck." It looks so naked and injured and sad.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
My friend read the part in the book aloud to me and it seemed like maybe, just maybe, she regretted it in the back of her mind. I don't remember why I got this impression, but I did. Maybe someone else read it?

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
I never noticed before DS was born whether a penis was intact or cut (when they were erect anyway) and now I'm always looking. The intact ones look so much better!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Didn't she compare her son's intact penis to a french fry?? I remember hearing that she handed him over despite her insticts telling her not to b/c he looked like a french fry. I recall that she was so relieved when it was over, and glad that she had it done b/c now it was a pretty penis.

I never liked that chick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.