Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got some fleece/flannel wash cloths today and one of the red ones snuck in with my new pre folds and some fitteds. That part of my stash is now light pink. I can't believe it.
angry.gif
At first I was really upset with myself but hey, I'm 37 weeks pregnant and only human...right? Now hubby and I are laughing about it.
orngbiggrin.gif
I'm famous for wrecking is laundry. He likes to leave stuff in the pockets and send it to the wash. I usually don't leave stuff (sometimes money) like pens and chapstick in my pockets so I just throw my stuff in the wash w/o giving it a second thought. Well, you think I would have learned after copious re-dos. What can I say...he should remove the stuff from his pockets before sending it to be washed-- JMHO.

After several washes the diapes are still pink.
headscratch.gif
I even broke the cardinal rule and tried a little bleach. Looks like I have a crafty project coming up. Going to dye them I guess. I'm sure there is noting wrong with the little guy wearing light pink diapes....they say pink is the new black for boys.

I've read that it should gradually fade over time. I guess only time will tell or I won't wait and just dye them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
This has happened to me before with t-Shirts - red is dangerous! Anyways, here we have a thing you can buy at the equivalent to Walmart that de-dyes your laundry. In another forum I read that laundry detergent will work.

Good luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can always try a package of RIT color remover and then a few washes. On the other hand, a few dryings in the sun following a few bleach washes will probs neutralize the pinkness...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Pink is my kiddos favorite color! I think boys look cute in pink. I bought baby H a couple of dipes with flowers on them because I think tehy are cute. I wouldn't stress, after all they are getting pooped in!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
After having 3 girls, and now 2 boys, my boys are destined for pink. And you know what, it's really okay. If you had asked me with my first child if I'd be okay putting pink and flowers on my boys, I probably would have said no, but they're diapers and they're just getting pooped and peed in. Nobody really sees them. We even let our toddler run around the house in nothing but a pink diaper now, lol. And we did not find out the gender of this last baby, but I bought 3 bright pink AIO's because they were on clearance and a brand I liked. I'll use them on him. ;D

All that said though, that would be very frustrating and I don't blame you for wanting to try to get rid of the pink. I bet it will wash out after a few more washes and maybe some sunning. But dyeing might be a fun project while you wait and have a need to nest!

·
Registered
927 Posts
My almost 5 y/o DS is currently sporting some pink toenails, LOL.

I didn't start cloth until he was 7 months old, so just started with mediums. When I found out #2 was DD, we bought smalls in a lot of "girly" colors. So if this baby is a boy he will be wearing a lot of pink and lavender until he outgrows the smalls. I had a few that got their elastic stretched out, and I am not a sewer, so I may have to buy a few new ones, in which case they will be "boyish";otherwise he'll just have to deal with the pink, lol.

But yes, how frustrating. With my level of tolerance and patience these days, I'd have been in tears. And cussed a LOT. Maybe do some tie-dye?? That would be fun and cool.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was thinking about this thread this morning. Yeah, so all my diapers are pastel yellow now lol

I had made a bright orange ombre dyed swaddling blanket. I was so concerned about NOT turning my white clothes orange that I thought nothing about putting the blanket in with the dipes. They came out a lovely shade of pastel yellow. Sigh. That's what I get for doing laundry at 130 in the morning

·
Registered
30 Posts
You might want to try something called RLR; it's a stripper for diapers.

Also sunning them will likely get the pink to fade a little quicker. Although as others said; they are only getting pooped on!

My hubby is also famous for leaving things in his pocket; especially tissue!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.