Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am a single mom and i am looking for ideas on how to stay home and be with dd. I have thought of a bunch of ideas but i would love to start my own biz. I was thinking of starting a natural product store, not just an online thing. Any ideas on how to start? How much $$ i may have to invest? any ideas on how to get a loan (if needed) or govt $$? how and where to get products?

Any single moms out there that are WAHM? advice and support please.

Also wondering how you go about selling something that you made/make and coming up with a price that gives you a profit but isnt crazy.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
I wanted to do the same thing, a natural family store, but just could not afford the start up and didn't have time for something that big. There are two direct sales comapnies you could look into. Mother of Eden's Make a Difference program or Natural Family Boutique. They both have cloth diapers, breastfeeding supplies, slings and that kind of thing, but the start up for both is only around $100 and there is little to no risk involved like starting your own business.

After researching my options I figured that kind of thing was perfect for me. Someday I would still like to open a brick and mortar store, but not till the kids are older.

· Registered
6,211 Posts
I was going to suggest something like Natural Family Boutique. The start up cost will be huge to try to make your own natural store. NFB is kinda like Tupperware, your a consultant for NFB.

· Registered
1,724 Posts
You added about creating your own products...this is what I am in the process of doing, and it's SO hard to decide how to price it because I want my stuff to be priced where it is affordable for everyone, and stay at home mamas are notoriously frugal! yet I want to use the best quality materials, fabrics, ribbons I can get my hands on. What I will try to do is price it at double what I spent for materials, with a little extra in for my efforts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.