Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So really. What is the purpose of reporters and news broadcasters? To hold our government and other aspects of our lives accountable, right? All my life I've listened to Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw present what I thought was honest news. They are both leaving. Now, I know this recent issue during the elections involving Bush's Air National Guard records was a big mess up. The sources weren't checked. But I also think that if you do your homework, you will still find that the facts on the macro level were correct, the details were just scewed. We will NEVER know the truth on that. So now we are seeing the demise of news channels we've listened to our whole lives. The ones that did a half way decent job of holding our government accountable. What's the point of listening to news stations that are going to embellish and sugar coat the presidents actions. I hope we aren't left with only the red station. That would be pointless. Face it... it's pointless to watch it even now, well except for entertainment purposes..... Getting your news straight from the horse's mouth.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts