Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found I can very reliably find everything from quality birth centers to Wild Oats grocery stores, yoga classes, AP playgroups - anything...IF I'm willing to drive up to Miami or Kendall for everything and anything. The gas and travel times are starting to kill me, though! We're heading to Pinecrest or Ft Lauderdale or something like that twice a week lately, it's like living on a roadtrip.

There has to be someone else down here in the deep south! I'm in Homestead. Even Cutler Ridge or Goulds or Naranja or Key Largo would be kind of refreshingly close at this point....

For "the record"
I have a newly 5 year old, homeschooled girl, an almost-4-year old boy, and a 15 month old boy. I'm also due October 1 (boy #3!). Don't be afraid to respond if you only have, say, one two year old (my youngest would love that!) or if the genders are mixed up, or anything...just...please...EXIST!! NEARBY!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Keep looking!!!! I finally found a friend near me & I met her on MDC. Too bad we're about 4 hours from you. If your road trips take you near tampa shoot me a PM & we can have a 1 day play group! Good luck

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I know some LLL mamas live in Homestead. The Kendall meeting is the 2nd Monday of every month and the Homestead is the 3rd Monday. Theres also the Miami API group which unfortunately isn't very active except by email. I'm in Kendall. PM me if you want to meet up, I'm feeling a little lonely lately.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MiamiMami - I actually know the LLL mamas, because I go to those meetings. They're super small - usually just the two co-leaders, me, and one or maybe two other people. Still, better than nothing and my 3 year old son likes to go and play with the leaders' sons. I'm hoping to arrange a playdate with one of them soon, but it's hard because she JUST had a new baby, so I don't want to intrude, you know?

We're not in Kendall unless we're going to Barnes and Noble, but we're in Pinecrest every Monday - my two oldest go to Dance Empire and while they're in class I shop at Wild Oats, which is just down the street...are you ever over that way?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.