Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the midst of putting together my Rainbow Resources order so a friend and I can combine to reduce shipping costs.

I am having a terrible time deciding on science and history resources. I am ordering flip charts for this, books and workbooks for that, kits....

I discussed the resources with my dd, she said, "I'm only 8 years old." :LOL

I know, I know, "look at what we covered before, build on that.." I am just having a hard time figuring out what we will really use and like. Ack!

Thanks for listening

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
My current mantra is, "If I can borrow it from the library, I WILL NOT buy it." (Now, I do make exceptions for favorite books and such, but when researching a topic, this helps to remind me that I'd rather spend my money on projects or kits than resource books that we could borrow, kwim?)

Right away, that narrows things down quite a bit.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Rainbow Resource, aak!

What works for me is to make a long wish list. Put it aside for a couple of days. Go back over it, re-read the reviews, and then narrow it down. Set it aside for another couple of days and then make the final revision. This usually helps keep the list on one page
while also helping with the pocketbook.

For me, I usually order resource guides and kits. I've found that workbooks rarely have what I want, esp in regards to science and history. I have a history spine, so I have ordered kits and resource guides that promise more hands on and interactive experiences that relate.
I also researched the science resource guides on the net before purchasing them. Sometimes you can find them on amazon, or in other catalogs. I find that I prefer resource guides that cover only one topic(ie "human body", "geology", etc) rather than the 365 experiements, giant book of science, etc. I can usually find those types of experiement/science books at the library.

HTH! Have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.