Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My skin has errupted and is worse than that of a teenager going through puberty. My back (mostly my shoulders) and my face are covered in acne, and nothing I am doing or have done is clearing it up. I've used products with tea tree, as I heard that was a good remedy, but it didn't help. It actually made it much worse. I've thought about going to a non natural remedy such as ProActive, but I don't think its safe for nursing mothers or pregnant mothers. Since I intend to be doing both in the next year, I don't want to introduce something like that into my system.

Anyone have any thoughts on good remedies?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If tea tree oil irritates you, try lavender oil.

Also, this entire thread is dedicated to a Proactiv-alternative skincare regimen.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=486859

One thing that I've noticed that helps people a bit with acne and "bacne" is to wash their face and back again before they leave the shower. Typically, people shampoo last and the hair oils, dirt, bacteria, blah blah, drip down your back and onto your face and those things are still left there before you get out of the shower. Trying washing your face and back again after shampooing and conditioning (conditioners are the absolute worst, they clog the pores on your back sometimes).

Another great remedy is apple cider vinegar. Put apple cider vinegar and water (1/2 and 1/2) in a spray bottle and use that to mist your back before getting out of the shower. You can rinse it off or leave it on, whichever.

You can tone your face with apple cider vinegar, but complete instructions to facial care is there in that link I posted above.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
That's very true:

I've found that products with tea tree oil seem more drying or irritating than actual tea tree essential oil. I can pour tea tree oil all over my face and nothing would happen.

If using it in a face wash, I put tea tree oil in Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Otherwise I put it straight on my face. It can be diluted with a carrier oil like apricot seed oil, jojoba, or olive oil (I use extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil because I'm too cheap/lazy to buy the other carrier oils, and I have the olive oil for cooking anyway). Don't forget to put olive oil on your elbows, heels, and knees! It's divine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts