Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I post on a mainstream breastfeeding board. It is a huge board with a breastfeeding forum. There is a lot of good ladies on there who try and help struggling momma's. Lately a lot of the replies to problems have been followed with " but you have to do waht is right for you" or don't feel bad if you have to use formula. It is driving me crazy. Mom's hear that crap everywhere. They can get that advise from the formula feeders in their month's playroom know what I mean? I just think that if they are posting on the breastfeeding board we should be offering them solutions to thier problems that do not include advocateing formula feeding.

· Registered
1,394 Posts
I know what you mean. I don't go to mainstream boards anymore, but I was reading a blog of a new mama the other day who is dealing with oversupply and engorgement. So many of her noters were saying, "Oh if it doesn't work out, she'll be fine on formula!" when she was adamantly saying she wanted to work out the issues. It's sad when even BFing advocates feel the need to pacify the "guilt" instead of just give help and advice.

· Registered
3,280 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apwannabe
I post on a mainstream breastfeeding board. It is a huge board with a breastfeeding forum. There is a lot of good ladies on there who try and help struggling momma's. Lately a lot of the replies to problems have been followed with " but you have to do waht is right for you" or don't feel bad if you have to use formula. It is driving me crazy. Mom's hear that crap everywhere. They can get that advise from the formula feeders in their month's playroom know what I mean? I just think that if they are posting on the breastfeeding board we should be offering them solutions to thier problems that do not include advocateing formula feeding.
I absolutely hate that! All that mess about "it's ok if you quit now, no one will think you're a bad mom." They're not looking for support in the decision to quit, they're looking for help to keep their bfing relationship going! Flipping idiots.

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
momtoNatalee
I actually do that a lot but only for the ones I know are really trying. I think the others would just get too much "guilt" here, kwim?
This mom's baby is only 2 or 3 weeks old. He has a pefect latch she has no sore nipples and just doesn't like having to nurse so much. She has other kids and said she gave up with them also. I am pretty sure she has made up her mind in regards to quiting but still if she is posting on the breastfeeding board there is still some hope right? Why in the world tell her formula is fine, you have to do what is best for you. If that is how you feel just don't post on the flippin breastfeeding board. arrgghh!! that is why I refuse to moderate it. The whole board is very PC not to mainstream but very PC it is like the stepford community or something. lol
Ok rant over. I love being able to come here.

· Registered
6,205 Posts
yeah, next people will be saying "Well it's okay if you beat your kids, whatever works for you"
:

(Not equating ff to beating kids, just saying that with some decisions there is one CLEAR answer, and it's not just "whatever works for you")

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.