Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when he is has to urinate he keeps saying owe owe but he has been checked for uti and doesnt have one. He doesnt complain about anything till he tries and pee no redness or swelling nothing. Its been going for 2.5 weeks wondering if this is normal at all or should i take him to a urologist?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Do you think he could have separation pain (which is normal for some boys)?<br>
Sometimes the urine will sting if it hits a raw area under the foreskin where separation has started. My son never had issues with it but I've read that allowing the boy to urinate in either a bath or a cup of warm water can help (as it dilutes the urine).<br>
Mothering has a great "sticky" thread at the top of this forum that talks about separation and pain. Have you read it?<br><br>
No, personally, I would not take him to a urologist, especially if he doesn't have a fever, doesn't have a uti, and is urinating the same volume/amount that he used to. I think this pain will eventually resolve itself and pass. If for some reason you do take him to a urologist, please visit the "Finding Your Tribe" forum and get referrals for foreskin friendly doctors. A urologist makes a whole lot more money from performing a circ than by telling someone "it's normal and will resolve on it's own" and charging only for an office visit, kwim???

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
<a href="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=764732?" target="_blank">http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=764732?</a>

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Sounds like separation going on to me. There can be raw area's when that happens. Read the thread Night Nurse put up it will help you figure out if that is what it is.<br><br>
I wouldnt be going to any Dr. for it unless I knew that that Dr. was intact friendly because all you will get is them trying to retract and then hearing it is to tight and he needs circ. (not saying you shouldnt take him just that I would not)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is still complaining of pain when he pees. I did notice when he pees the end of his forskin gets red but once he is done peeing and pats himself dry with tb since he doesnt like to shake the redness goes away. is it normal though if it is seperation to go on for weeks?<br><br>
I tired having pee in cup of warm water didnt seem to help

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
It could be a few things, since it seems to be lasting longer than separation usually does. It might be that he it creating little scratches there when he is playing with himself. He may be pulling too hard back on his foreskin while peeing (especially if he is working really hard at aiming.) He might have a very slight yeast infection (though this would typically have other symptoms like itching.) If he is dehydrated his urine might be very concentrated.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
If you cant see anything wrong the Dr. wont be able to either. Since the Dr. should in no way manipulate the foreskin at all. The only thing he could do is a swab of the tip of the foreskin without retracting and see if any bacteria grows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts