Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of all the things that I never thought would get to me, it's the radio. Who sings about losing a baby before it's born?
Well, it's not quite about losing a baby, I'm sure, but today "Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence did a real number on me. One of my favourite songs too, to rub it in.
Maybe I'm just extra sensitive today or something. I've been feeling very angry and sad all day. I just want to be left alone... not that that was going to happen, with my son who always seems to need extra attention just when I want to be alone. Poor boy.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Hey mama,
I haven't heard that song (at least not that I know of) but I have been struck by how strongly I am moved by songs about grief, loss and just strength in the face of adversity. I know U2 wrote "Walk On" about a woman activist returning to Burma despite the warrant for her arrest there simply because it is her home and she feels a responsibility to try to make things better there but man, it makes me cry every time I hear it because it just speaks to me of the experience of grieving.
Music is just powerful stuff sometimes eh?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hugs to you. I feel the same way lately. It also seems like every time I turn the TV on, there are a million and one pregnancy commercials or something with new babies. It's driving me nuts too. Just know that you aren't alone. I'm here for you, and from previous posts, it sounds like we are going through this almost days apart. My heart aches for you.

If you need something therapeutic to do, find some weeds and pull them! I spent the day pulling weeds in my garden and I was able to take my frustrations and anger out on them. I felt much better after I was done.

Please feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts