Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi-<br><br>
my dh, ds (22mos.) and i are relocating to erie from providence, ri in july. we don't really know anyone in the area, and from my quick search on here, erie seems to be a bit of a parenting black hole. which unfortunately parallels my searches for whole foods, trader joe's and an ikea nearby also.<br><br>
dh will be going to medical school at LECOM and my plan is to be a sahm and work on some crafting and gardening. currently, i teach drawing and painting at a public high school but i am looking forward to spending my days with ds once we move.<br><br>
i guess i'm just curious if there is anyone else around with any young babes... we will be on the east side near the zoo and i was hoping to find someone interested in playdates, walks, jogging, etc... also, any recs for doctors or dentists would be super appreciated. (i had a very complicated early birth with ds, so it's probably going to need to be an ob or a midwife who works at a practice with ob's)<br><br>
thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Amahery,<br><br>
there are a few <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>, <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>. there is a whole foods a vegan bakery, a vegan soup and sandwich shop, the nearest Trader Joe's is in Pittsburgh, Clevland or Buffolow. I saw an Ikia near Pittsburgh. I am a hb midwife here and there are a few others, there is Peggy boyd who works with an OB. also the erie chapter of ICAN is very active group of mothers they just had a natural birth festival that was great. PM me for anything more gtg screaming baby.<br>
Valerie Monterrrey CPM

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome- thanks for the info. i am going to need to file this away until we move in july, but you have definitely brightened up my morning today and given me a few directions to start googling. thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a wonderful experience with Kim Bennett CNM at Ob/Gyn Associates of Erie, but have been told the Obs there are horrible. There is also a facecbook group called Erie Natural Parenting or something like that with a lot of like minded parents. My kids are older, but I know there are plenty of resources out there in the area we just aren't on the internet yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts