Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't stop bursting into tears lately! Can't bend over, just cry. Can't roll over, sobs. Can't eat without feeling sick, full on meltdown.

I feel crazy, lol. My mind wants me to do so much, clean house, declutter, the yard needs some major work, etc. my body however, isn't on board.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I NEED some cheese tots from sonic. Healthy!!! Lol

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Ugh, pregnancy hormones are the worst.

I was also feeling all weepy this morning. I sat at the table after breakfast and was crying because I felt sorry for myself. Somehow I got myself or of the funk and forced myself to fold and put away one basket of laundry. Since then it's been much better. One project has led to another and I have a better attitude.

I have never heard of cheesy tots, but now I must have some. They sound delicious. We have one Sonic in the area. I should pack the girls up and drive there. They could get a treat.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol! They are so good, but sooo bad.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same here! I'm fine over the serious stuff (we had bail hail and have to replace our roof, sump pump went out, flat tire, etc) but I can't itch my foot? Time to bawl! Lol

Are we done yet?!?!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ummm, yeah. Right there with you, for at least the past week or so. My husband put strawberries on my yogurt this morning instead of raspberries and I didn't even have the energy (after getting no sleep again) to explain that he got it wrong so instead I just laid my head on the table and cried. Totally reasonable, right? ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Me TOO!! I have never been this emotional in my past pregnancies - I've always felt closer to the edge, but this time I'm like, right over the edge :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
@mamamargo: I am sorry about your berry hard morning but holy cow, that made me laugh out loud.

Sometimes I feel like this phase of pregnancy is a lot like the beginning but with a massive belly getting in the way and way more fat on my body. I cry all the time (to songs like November Rain on the radio..... ), I am exhausted, have no desire to have sex, feel like I have accomplished a marathon if I get a load of laundry done, can't cook a meal to save my life and pretty much want to just lay on the couch. It is so interesting to see how your body reacts. I am soooooo incredibly thankful that I had the "I feel freaking awesome!" part of my pregnancy in the spring. I was able to get so much done. I can't image feeling like I do now in April. There is no way anything would have gotten accomplished. And on the flip side of that, I know I will feel exhausted when I have a new baby but I also can't imagine trying to can pickles right now. I am making strawberry jam this weekend and it feels like it is going to take a lot of energy to get it taken care of. I think I would rather deal with the exhaustion of a new babe and try to can than just the exhaustion of my hugeness. Maybe that is crazy.... I don't really know. I just keep thinking, spaghetti sauce gets better the longer you cook it so worse case scenario I just bring it back to a boil several times. I feel like I have the actual canning process down pretty well. Huge thanks to my crazy hippie neighbor who taught me so much many years ago! His wife (my best friend) is due 12 days after me! :)

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol, at least we are all losing it together! I just hate feeling so out of control. I'm pretty emotional anyway, but this is extreme.
BUT! I made dinner! First time in weeks really. We've been eating smoothies or olives, cheese, veg for days. Today I was actually hungry. (Thank you prune juice!) so I made chicken and pepper burritos/tacos and queso. Sooooo yummy. I can hardly eat anymore and I'm sure Ill pay for it (and cry about it) later, but oh well.
I think I'm going to have to let go of all these plans and just survive until birth. Babies are hard, but when you can't even get off the couch without help... Ill take the baby. At least someone else can hold her for a minute while I catch my breath.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am so glad i'm not alone!! i had one just one nesting day then i crashed:eek: and feel so tired and emotional all the time! I burst into tears when DH lovingly teased me with a gesture of threatening to put (deoderant ((not the natural that i bought him, the terrible store kind)) by his balls cause he knows i don't like him to because of how bad it is for him and such) to which i threw my hands in the air and yelled "no" and clutched my hands to my heart and burst into tears and couldn't even talk even though i knew i was being silly and irrational :grin:
Then i was reading this really really funny story from a blog
http://bethwoolsey.com/2015/01/the-day-i-pooped-my-closet/
i'd recommend it to anyone needing to laugh:grin:
well i was reading it to my sister and i was laughing to hard it turned to crying then sobbing i excused myself to the bath room until i was under control and went to finnish the rest and it happend again. one second i'm laughing cause its so funny then i feel sad and it turns to sobs.
i feel so silly when things like this happen cause i know i'm being ridiculous but can't stop.
why is it at night the sleep doesn't come easy but in the morning when its time to get up you feel as if just got comfy and could sleep for eight more hours?

oh and meals, oh boy i'm not good at those but if i don't make something then DH go to is ordering pizza or making spagetti.:smile:

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've read that blog post! Poor girl, how embarrassing. I would totally die.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I just went to the dentist- I was so nervous about it. I had to get a filling done and was going to do it without anesthesia. I took some rescue remedy on my way and it calmed me. The procedure went really well and quickly. So, as I was checking out, the bill came to something like $475- for this quick tiny little filling. I swore. And the lady checking me out decided to wave the whole fee except for the office visit of $75. I burst into tears- totally sobbing and could not hold it together. It was making her really nervous and uncomfortable, I had lost it. All I could mutter was thank you thank you thank you... yadda yadda. I was struggling to get myself under control to be able to ease her discomfort so I said, "this comes really easily these days and Thank You!" I walked out of there and just bawled. It still makes me teary. What an awesome woman to do that- and she didn't even blink, it was a split second decision that she made and followed through with. I feel so thankful and grateful!

If something gets me right now- there is no way to shut it down- I just cannot stop the torrent of tears! I am so glad to hear that I am not alone. Your stories on here are hilarious and awesome and I can completely relate!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aww, how awesome. Dental work is insanely expensive! Even with a cash discount it makes me sick every time. I'm glad it worked out!

I haven't cried any today but man, my temper... My fb status was "today is a turn on a movie for the kids so I don't kill them kinda day". It was pure survival. And dh was at the va for his own appts. Ugh. My toddler has a cold and is grumpy and clingy and I can feel myself coming down with something as well. And for some reason I'm sooooo bloated. Oh, and prodromal labor is heeeeere! Every couple minutes all day long. Atlas asked to nurse, first time in weeks, and he did for a very long time. I'm sure that didn't help the ctx.

·
Registered
302 Posts
@Wild Rose: That's a total win! I went to the dentist for the first time in 15 years last year and was out of my mind nervous. I was sure they were going to tell me my mouth was completely rotten and I was going to have to have them all pulled and would have to wear dentures for the rest of my life. This was completely irrational since I didn't even really have any mouth pain but I was so freaked out. Needless to say I had a tiny cavity that they didn't have to drill for and an abfraction. Both of which were covered by my insurance. I was totally shocked and thankful!

I am worried about trying to keep my cool this week. My stepson comes back on Friday for the week and I have less and less energy and patience to deal with his preteen laziness. Wish me luck! Thankfully we are getting the pool pass today so if I need some space I can either send him there or go there myself.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
What's an abfraction, @rcb215?
@Wild Rose ~ that is so sweet! :love Makes me smile.

I'm another one terrified of the dentist. I've been having very, very mild on and off discomfort in a lower molar that I think had work done 12-13 years ago and I remember the dentist saying it was deep and might end up needing a root canal one day. Thanks, buddy, for planting that seed in my head.

I'd never consent to a root canal and would just have it pulled if that were the case - but it would all still cost sooooo much money!

This tooth, when I had it worked on, I was 8 months pregnant with Sophie and the novacaine wouldn't work even after 5 injections so I felt the whole thing. I kept having contraction on top of contraction and was scarred for life.
I didn't go back to the dentist for years and when I did, even for a cleaning, I needed to take a bunch of Xanax, but I weaned myself off and can now go to the dentist for cleanings and work without taking anything. Of course, I found a new dentist who I love, but it's ALL out of pocket. :( And I'm pretty serious about sticking with a holistic dentist which is tough because insurance would cover 100% if I went to a conventional dentist....

·
Registered
219 Posts
@Wild Rose, wow, that's amazing that they waived it for you! As they should - $475 for a filling is way over the top. I have a lot of dental work done, so I can gauge prices pretty well.

With my first pregnancy, I had a molar that needed to come out - it was just crumbling and it was hurting *so* badly. That was about week 6 or 7 and I had to wait until the beginning of the second trimester to have the work done. I thought I was going to die.

@Meta, your story of the novocaine not working is hurting me just reading it!! Yikes!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Novocaine doesn't work on one side of DH's mouth either...his nerve is in a weird place or something! So he drinks whiskey before getting fillings on that side, Civil War style (that's what I call it, anyway). I feel bad for him (and you too Metasequoia!) and totally understand why he complains and procrastinates about going. He promised me he'd get all his dental stuff in order before the baby is born (I just don't want to have to deal with anything extra going wrong those first few months), so he's slowly getting through his Civil War style appointments. He has pretty bad teeth and needed almost every filling redone in addition to new cavities, while I have really good teeth with only a few cavities. I'm hoping baby will take after me. The only downside is that my teeth were really crooked before braces, and DH's have always been straight. So either way, baby is probably getting a problem somewhere. I would love a holistic dentist, but I'm not willing to pay out of pocket for one when it's free to go to the regular dentist. I just don't go often enough for it to be worth it to me, I guess. But I understand why others wouldn't want to go, especially with such bad experiences in the past!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts