Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i saw the title of that thread about babywise i was like WOW another cosleeper's DC sleeps through the night but that was not what that thread was about so my Q is: Does anyone else's family pretty much sleep all night like 9pm-6am (in the same bed or w/oCIO)?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
We do, we cosleep and I never used CIO. DD woke every 2 hours all night long, and then all her teeth came in and she started sleeping 5-6 hour stretches almost immediately.

She's 2 now and she usually sleeps from about 8pm-4am and then wakes up and asks for a banana and water and goes back to sleep. If she's sick, she wakes up much, much more.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Mine all slept 6 hour (or more) stretches from birth, even though I was BF. We co-slept. Our hours are a little different from most, our babies never went to bed until around 11 p.m. or so, and slept until 9 a.m. or so... never ever used CIO, rocked/nursed/cuddled to sleep for every nap and every bedtime...

·
Registered
302 Posts
We have co-slept (dh, dd and I) since day one, and dd was exclusively BF till close to 12 months, now she eats some solids
. She has slept 6 to 7 hours straight since the day she was about a week old, now at 14 months she sleeps the same, then wakes to breastfeed and goes back to sleep for a few hours. We have never used CIO or tried sleeping in a different way. I think it has more to do with your child's character than anything else.....I don't think we have done anything wonderful....it has more to do with her,
: I was never able to offer real sympathy to mums who were sleep deprived. If she doesn't feel well, then it is another story altogether
!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
We co-sleep and DD sleeps from 7-8p to 6-730a every night (except when sick or teething). She has slept through the night since she was 3 weeks old (and when I saw slept through the night, I mean 6 hour stretches at that age).

She has not been CIO'd. We don't believe in CIO.

I think I just got really lucky to have a good sleeper. Naps when she was younger were a different story. She hardly napped during the day. But I was fine with that because I needed to sleep at night so I could go to work (so did DH). It sucked for the nanny (then daycare at 6 months).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.