Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not the sedentary type, but I am thoroughly exhausted nearly all day. I hate this! I want to have the energy I have when I'm not pregnant- going non-stop all day, enjoying and loving life! While what I'm feeling is not the first trimester type exhaustion, all encompassing, I'm RUN DOWN just because I woke up.<br><br>
What doesn't help is that I think I'm doing everything "right" so that I should not be exhausted. I eat well, walk almost daily, sleep plently at night, go to bed early, take a good prenatal, keep a loose schedule... And really, keeping after my 2.5 and 5.5 y.o.s is not a difficult task. Why am I sooooo tired? It's not even 6 pm yet and I could seriously go to bed. My 5.5 yo sleeps less than I do at this point!<br><br>
Anyone else? Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am exhausted too for the past few days and even when i sleep late, it feels like I havent slept at all. If you find anything that works for you please let me know. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I'm tired all the time too. in my case though I think it's Mommy Burn Out. My first kid is 19 months old, I've never been away from her overnight, in the last 22 months the longest stretch of sleep I've had is 6 hours (and it's usually closer to 4), and sometimes I feed her and forget to eat. I'm trying to eat better and sleep more, but it's hard. I started Floradix today just in case anemia is causing some of the tiredness though.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've got the mom burn-out big time. DH and I both feel burnt out. And on top of it I am sometimes inexplicably tired - I assume the explanation is pregnancy. I wouldn't mind a round of insomnia hitting me this week.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm 19 weeks and feeling fairly better now. I'd definitely mention this to your provider to check your thyroid and iron levels. Not that I'm still not wanting to go back to bed now, but DD was up at night with a cough with me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
hey ladies,<br>
I was this way as well, but bloodwork told us that I was low iron. I was put on Iron suuplement and my energy is muchhhh better. I still have tired days, but for the most part its better.<br>
Get your iron checked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts