Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to get any work done today. Just want to contemplate my baby and upcoming parenthood. Aggh! So much to do before she comes and all I can do is think about her coming! Really thought that pregnancy would make me put my butt in gear and turn into one of those highly efficient, successful people, but it turns out I'm still kinda lazy and easily distracted, boo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can't seem to get any work done today. Just want to contemplate my baby and upcoming parenthood. Aggh! So much to do before she comes and all I can do is think about her coming! Really thought that pregnancy would make me put my butt in gear and turn into one of those highly efficient, successful people, but it turns out I'm still kinda lazy and easily distracted, boo.
Pregnancy brain! Ha, I have it too. Have you started birth classes?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the pregnancy brain bad! I've been joking that the reasoning/analytical part of my brain is being re-purposed into fluids. I walk into a room and how no idea what I mean to do. I'm just trying to function in the day to day.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Crimson8 I think I'm just going to do the cheap one that's 2 x 3hr classes over a couple of Saturdays. Probably won't do those until January. Kinda don't feel like I need one because I've been reading so much and watching so many videos, but I'm sure SO will want them. I feel like I get it, but then again I'm mostly worried that anything I've learned will fly out the window as soon as I start to feel some real contractions (or, as hypnobabies adherents like to say, pressure waves!). I feel like it might be more important for my support people to have it all down pat, because no matter how down I have it, I will forget it all when the pain hits and will need constant reminding.
@BagLady2016 I used to think pregnancy brain was kind of a sexist notion. But turns out it is oh so real. It actually kind of frightens me how spacey and clumsy I am. When I walk down the stairs I have to will myself to focus so I don't trip and go tumbling. And if I had another kid to take care of right now, I'd be mildly worried about its safety, because I could totally see myself just leaving him/her at the store or something. Yikes!

Reactions: BagLady2016

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ha! Yep, I can see about the idea seeming sexist and I would probably think the same if I didn't hear it first from 2 female friends. I think it's making me a little bit more irritable too..I'm a pretty big talker and I find myself mashing and jumbling words & sentences. I wonder how much I'm misinterpreting other people too because it seems to take me longer to 'decode' more abstract speech.
On the flip side, I kinda don't give a shit. So I get frustrated, but then just let the thoughts trail into the fog and shrug. I've always been pretty overly analytical and accused over 'over-thinking' so this almost feels like a break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts