Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ladies, I finally started the Sopie Bag Knit A Long THREAD...

Here is the link to the pattern.

http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/sophie.htm

Sophie Bag with Flap & Button
http://knit.liquidgirl.org/?p=83

Sophie Bag with Zipper
http://knit.liquidgirl.org/?p=79

Hope all can join us!!!

Late last night I started the bottom...I think I got about half way through when my eyes no longer would stay open. :LOL
I have three graduation parties to attend today...so I don't think I will get any knitting accomplished today or tonight.
Will check in tomorrow to see how everyone is doing.

P.S. Thank you to the ladies who posted these links in the other thread. I am drawing a blank right now to whom this credit goes to...'cause it isn't me!!!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I'm in, but won't be able to cast on 'til later on this week when I either a) free up my 10.5 circs that are in use on a Booga bag or b) receive the size 11 circs in the mail that I traded for.

I really don't want to start another project with Denise needles...they suck!

...forgot to mention that I will be making the flap/button version.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Got my yarn wound today... using Cascade 220 that I dyed with blue and green Kool Aid, it's light, it kind of reminds me of the sea...

I would like to make the flap version but I need to see how much yarn I have left at the end, or I may do a stripe at the top or something.

My circs are free, but my DPN's are in use on a project for a baby shower next week, so I'll finish that tomorrow and hopefully cast on tomorrow night!!!

So excited!

~Dev

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
devon, you just need the DPNs for the strap which you do last.

I finished the bottom...I haven't participated in one of these before....so um...are we supposed to say everything? I picked up the stitches and am now knitting in round.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Haven't started either, hope to wind the wool into balls today and start tonight maybe.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Yay! I am in. I have been thinking about knitting Sophie for a long time. I have to get yarn first though. This blog has a great tutorial on making the Sophie bag and adding beaded handles. On the right hand side of the blog under How to's and patterns is a step by step. It looks really cool.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finished my first dec on round 10, am now on round 17...stayed up way to late knitting last night, or should I say this morning!!!
:
But hey, I was watching a good movie too!!!!

Just a clarification about the decreasing...
It says to dec before and after rows 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50...
I am assuming that is k2tog before the marker and after the marker...so i would be losing 8 stitches on rounds 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50...right?

Wanting to make sure I am reading this correctly...

I am usually the one that is the slowpoke...it is OK...'cause when i am done with this one, I do want to make another. i want one with the flap/button closure.

Going to go check out the blog Aurora posted about....Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Jackieg213-That sounds right to me.

I LOVE the look of the beaded Sophie bags but it does increase the cost a bit. Double the yarn and thne the handles. *sigh* I will probably make one just the way the pattern is written and then maybe make a beaded one later. I haven't decided yet.

So, what yarn all you all using and what colors? I am trying to decide what to order.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am using Cascade 220. I have 2 skeins, eggplant and lavender.
I actually purchased this yarn for another project...but oh well.... :LOL So far it is looking good!!!

Looking for more cascade 220 on sale...need to get more.

I totally understand amount the $$$$ for the beaded Sophie bag....it is cute, but I am thinking it is a bit much for me. My sister would love it....however!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Sounds pretty!

Yeah, the beads aren't exactly my style either. I think they look great but I wouldn't ever use it. I don't know why I want to make one so bad. :LOL

I am envisioning a pumpkin colored bag........................

I just realized my 10.5 circs are 24". Blast!

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Quote:
Just a clarification about the decreasing...
It says to dec before and after rows 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50...
I am assuming that is k2tog before the marker and after the marker...so i would be losing 8 stitches on rounds 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50...right?
Yes, this is right.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Well, I got my WIP bag all together, that counts for something, right? LOL
Pattern... check Yarn.... check Needles... check Stitch markers.... check

Well begun is half done, no?

I will definitely cast on by tomorrow night! Just want to get a few more things out of the way...

~Dev

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsmom
Ive got Denise interchangeables and love them!
Me too!!!! I think they work great. I also have tons of bamboo knitting needles....a few Inox....oh and some birch...

Only once have I have my denise circulars come apart while knitting....and it was my fault...
:

On round 32...

not sure if I will get to knitting tonight...

1 - 20 of 119 Posts