Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd is 10 months old and nurses a lot. She only started solids about 1 month ago so nursing is still a really large part of her diet. For the past 3-4 days she has been having these nursing marathons throughout the night and become extremely restless. So restless that she's stirring and waking every 15-20 minutes. I'm sure there's been a couple longer stretches but it's been a few hard nights. Sometimes, it's not so much like she's nursing but needs to maintain contact with either her mouth or hands. Not much sleep happening here :yawning: One day I woke up with a plugged duct on one side but managed to massage and nurse it away. Ever since then and ever since my dd picked up on the nursing frequency my breasts have become pretty sore to the touch. They don't feel like a plugged duct anymore, just the tender sore feeling that comes afterwards. The other strange thing is that my letdown feels different. Not really painful or tingly, just kind of achy and more evident, but it goes away after a minute or two.<br><br>
I'm not sure what came first, the sore breasts or the restless nursing baby or if the two are even related. I should mention that I've been nursing non-stop for the past 3+ years and my breasts have been through the wringer but this is a new feeling of soreness and I've never had a baby so restless at night.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts