Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm at a loss. my dd is 2.

i'm not sure what's going on with my right boob. my nipple is so sore! i'm getting horrible cracked and bleeding nipples flashbacks...

it looks a little bit bruised right on the tipan it actually is scabby now.

i'm not sure how much milk i've been havig lately (always had low supply issues). could it be possible that it hurts cause dd is sucking in the dry? the left one is a little bit uncomfortable, but no where near as sore. it's so strange.

i'm willing to bet it was some kind of latch injury due to toddler acrobatics, but i'm still a little worried... i want it to heal! anyone been through this?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
wow..de ja vue

same thing happened to me a few days ago. my baby is 8.5 weeks and we never had a problem. he was even in the NICU for 5 days and he latched on like he was just born.

a few days ago on the top of my left nipple, i got a big sore. it was swollen and dry/flaky but the skin was not broken. it hurt like hell when he would latch on and then it would subside, but if he let go and re latched it would hurt all over again. it even hurt when he wasn't nursing, sort of a small ache on my nipple.

this is the advice i got
1. lansinoh
2. breastmilk rubbed on nipple and let airdry
3.try diff positions
4.try ice to numb the nipple before nursing

mine went away after about 5 days

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Are you pregnant?
Is your toddler latching correctly? Older babies and toddler often get lazy about their latch and have to be corrected.
Yeast? Any antibiotics or increase in sugar intake, diet changes, stress?

I don't have any other ideas, sorry!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh poor you. I have a very similar thing- it has lasted for about 7 months (my son is 1y3m) and I am still looking for the root of my problem.

But I have learnt many things along the way. Firstly check your positioning- have you got lazy? Get the best latch-on possible, big open mouth. Secondly, thrush! It is not my problem, but it is very, very common and your baby may not have any symptoms. Gentian violet and grapefruit seed extract are supposed to be good.

Have a look on kellymom.com for more info

Dr Newmans cream is fantastic too if nothing else works. Topless is important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.