Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, it has been years since I have posted in mothering and I feel like I've found a long-lost friend! I am hoping someone can help me with resources for issues with uncircumcised penises in growing boys. I have two sons ages 9 and 11. The older one has a sore or abrasion on his penis where the foreskin meets the glans at the base of the glans. The foreskin is a bit red and we were thinking yeast infection until I saw the sore spot.

Now, I am wondering if perhaps the foreskin was forcibly retracted causing the sore because I see that around it some of the foreskin still seems attached. Then again, I am wondering if the foreskin has re-adhered there because of the sore.

Any thoughts? Are there any special forums or websites that others go to for this kind of information? I kind of naively thought that because his father was uncircumcised that I wouldn't need to ask questions like this post-toddlerhood! ;)

Thanks for any help you can give...

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I hope this has cleared up by now, or if it hasn't, you have seen a doctor. When this has happened to any of my boys I have instructed them to dab a tiny amount of antibiotic cream on the sore, and once it is healed to gently but persistently pull their foreskin back when they are in the shower to stretch the skin until it is comfortable. Advice I got from my brother. (Boy, was that an uncomfortable discussion for a little while!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, it has been years since I have posted in mothering and I feel like I've found a long-lost friend! I am hoping someone can help me with resources for issues with uncircumcised penises in growing boys. I have two sons ages 9 and 11. The older one has a sore or abrasion on his penis where the foreskin meets the glans at the base of the glans. The foreskin is a bit red and we were thinking yeast infection until I saw the sore spot.

Now, I am wondering if perhaps the foreskin was forcibly retracted causing the sore because I see that around it some of the foreskin still seems attached. Then again, I am wondering if the foreskin has re-adhered there because of the sore.

Any thoughts? Are there any special forums or websites that others go to for this kind of information? I kind of naively thought that because his father was uncircumcised that I wouldn't need to ask questions like this post-toddlerhood! ;)

Thanks for any help you can give...
I would take him to a doctor that is knowledgeable about foreskin. Here in the US, that can be hard to find. It could be that his foreskin hasn't fully retracted yet and he was masturbating and pulled it. It could be yeast, bacterial, or viral infection. I think for such a sensitive area, you're better safe than sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.