Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on this board someone post about having a progesterone cold. I have never heard of that before. But then it got me thinking. I've had this sore throat for the past couple of weeks. Well, not really sore throat, more like post nasal drip. But my nose isn't really runny and I have no cough. This past weekend is sounded like I was losing my voice.

I wonder if it's just because of hormones causing more mucous in my nose which doesn't really stuff my nose, but manages to drip into my throat each night. I have no other cold symptoms which has been baffling me.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
It was me that posted that... I've been battling a sore throat the past few weeks and am definately attributing it to that... I am swallowing alot of drainage. We got a humidifier which has helped a little.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I had post nasal drip that was the beginning of a brief cold this week. I found a lot of relief with the following routine three times a day:

1. Wrap throat with silk scarf during day.
2. Gargle with hot salt water.
3. Drink lemon/honey tea.
4. Use a neti pot or some other device to do a saline nasal irrigation.
5. If you start feeling "icky" (I always do with post nasal drip) try a hot lemon compress on your chest.

Good luck!
-kkar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.