Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has nothing to do with my vent from last night, but...Rice Dream really, really, really ticks me off. How the heck do you develop a frozen rice product--and then process it on the same equipment as a dairy product?!?! Not "in the same facility as"--it really says "ON THE SAME EQUIPMENT"!! Just how does that make sense?! If I could have the d*** milk, believe me, I'd be eating Ben 'n Jerry's. I still miss Cherry Garcia. Oh, and that Half-baked stuff.

· Registered
9,063 Posts
Corporate freaks.

Rice Dream is disgusting anyways!!!

...did I make you smile at least? :LOL

Treat yourself to an ice cream maker and make your own with coconut milk, I promise you its worth the extra time. Although Cathe has posted a banana "ice cream" recipe here using the blender that people like (I still can't do high sugar fruits like banana, but a lot of people say they like it!)

· Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, you did make me smile because I have tasted the stuff before they announced that ALL their frozen products would be made on milk-contaminated equipment--and it really wasn't all that great.

We do have two ice cream makers, one that requires the rock salt, etc...but we used that before ds2 was born and I'm worried about the dairy. But, my parents gave us a little cuisinart freezer thing last year. Coconut is out for us as is banana and most other fruit, but we did learn to make a halfway decent cocoa sorbet. Not quite the same, but it does in a pinch. In fact, dh was just saying the other night that we need to pull it out.

Thanks!!

Missy

· Registered
3,808 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy
This has nothing to do with my vent from last night, but...Rice Dream really, really, really ticks me off. How the heck do you develop a frozen rice product--and then process it on the same equipment as a dairy product?!?! Not "in the same facility as"--it really says "ON THE SAME EQUIPMENT"!! Just how does that make sense?! If I could have the d*** milk, believe me, I'd be eating Ben 'n Jerry's. I still miss Cherry Garcia. Oh, and that Half-baked stuff.

no freakin' kidding! wth is the point?????? i was so pissed when i read that.
:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.