Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mamas

We found out Tues. that our baby was lost. We have had several repeat ultrasound, and my betas dropped from 15,000 Tues to 11,000 this morning.
It appears we lost it a week ago.

At first I thought I would ride out the natural miscarraige, but I haven't slept for 2 nights because with every little twinge I wake up running to the bathroom to see if I am bleeding.

The thought of carrying my dead baby inside is too much, so we scheduled a D&C.

I am completely empty and so hurt. I hope that none of you ever have to experience a loss like this.

Congratulations mamas! Happy and Healthy 9 Mos.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I had two miscarriages last year and I know they are so painful. Be gentle with yourself and get lots of rest, mama. I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. Please be gentle with yourself.

Have you gone to the pregnancy & birth loss forum? There is a lot of help and understanding there. I found it helpful to read about other women's miscarriage experiences, I didn't feel so alone.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I'm sorry.

I had a missed miscarriage last year, and it was awful waiting and carrying around a dead baby for weeks, and then winding up with d&c anyway. It sounds like you've made a good decision for you. Be sure to take it easy for 2-3 days. It can be rough on you.

Also ask your doctor about anesthesia options - general anesthesia is not necessary and is rougher on you. You shouldn't need any medicine to help your uterus contract, either, unless there's a particular problem. A friend of mine's doctor insisted both of these were routine, and they made her d&c a lot harder than mine.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss, mama. I suffered a missed miscarriage in December, and also chose to go with a D&C. It's a valid choice for your emotional health as well. I support you completely there. It's not so bad, just like a long period afterwards with some cramping. Take care of yourself in every way in the meantime. Take your time to grieve, and cry all you need to. I'm thinking of you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.