Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.bostonherald.com/offBeat...ticleid=149886

Quote:
Alexyss DeWind stepped into the 4-inch floor drain in a bathroom at Fair Haven Beach State Park on Sunday afternoon and got caught up to her thigh. Firefighters tried to grease the pipe, but finally had to cut the concrete around it to free her.

Quote:
DeWind and her twin brother had removed a grate covering the drain before the girl got stuck.
Yep, that would be my kids.

BTW- the girl is fine.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
, Curious little buggers, aren't they? I'm glad the're allright.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Oh my good gosh. Do people not realize that in parenting, accidents do happen? I remember when I was a kid we did all sorts of stupid stuff. But you know what? We were outside, playing, learning. I feel so sorry for kids these days.

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by skybluepink02
Oh my good gosh. Do people not realize that in parenting, accidents do happen? I remember when I was a kid we did all sorts of stupid stuff. But you know what? We were outside, playing, learning. I feel so sorry for kids these days.
I feel bad for the parents, especially mothers.
:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
how bizarre....the woman should threaten to sue the place for having unsafe bathrooms....stupid. and whatkind of police department charges a mother for something like that, but the mom who left the baby in the car doesn't get charged????

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
There is a thread here about Andrea Yates and many of us are really wondering why her ex-husband Rusty hasn't been charged with endangering his children by leaving them with a physchotic woman.

Many of us have said if the tables were turned and it was the *mother* leaving her children with a dangerous man, she would definately be charged.

This story confirms my suspicions.

And irritates me to an extreme. Why do mothers get blamed for everything?

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mz_libbie22
the title of this thread speaks volumes. scary...
I may be reading your post wrong, but what exactly do you mean by this?

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
How you will be blamed for everything if you are the mother.

Regardless they were likely supplying the campground with inferior drains the covers of which could easily be opened by a small child.

See the man get away with the supposed crime.

If it was the boys room, the *mother* would still somehow be blamed.

How far away are we from some middle-eastern nation that blames the rape victim for the rape.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DebraBaker
How far away are we from some middle-eastern nation that blames the rape victim for the rape.
The sad, scary thing is we DO (general we here) blame the victim. "she was dressed provactively" "She invited him in to her home" "She has a past of promiscuity" etc etc....

It's always the womans fault
:

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
I can see a situation were the PARENTS need to be held financially responcible......like if the kids went and got a screwdriver to remove the drain. But financially responciblity and child endagerment are two different things.

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DebraBaker
Many of us have said if the tables were turned and it was the *mother* leaving her children with a dangerous man, she would definately be charged.
: It's the whole idea that men are not responsible for their children. They are only responsible for the paycheck.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts