Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something about making soup is so comforting to my soul, healing in all sorts of ways. I know is hard in summer, but do you have any favorite soupd that you cant stop making, even in the heat?
I have to make a bone in soup a week for my dd, she is lactose intolerant and needs the extra calcium, lately Ive been adding allot of lemon and cayanne to sweat it out a bit.

anyone else - maybe a good gazpacho recipe?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I make soup a lot, year round, with whatever I have sitting in the fridge. Here is one we all like -

Chicken Corn Chowder
onion
celery
carrot
potatoes
frozen corn
cooked chicken
tabasco
milk or soymilk
soup stock (optional)

In a soup pot, fry up 1/2c each of chopped celery, onion and carrot until browned. Peel and chop 4 large potatoes and add to the pot. Fill the pot 2/3 full with water or soup stock and simmer gently until the potatoes are cooked but not mushy. Take the pot off the heat. Add one bag of frozen corn and chopped, cooked chicken meat. Stir in some Tabasco, salt and sugar to taste. The sugar balances out the Tabasco so adding the two together is important.

Best wishes,
Cathy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that sounds yummy! My soup from last night cme out good, I added extra cayanne to mine, the kids dont like it too spicy! Still need a great gazpacho recipe, or other cold soups, cuke maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts