Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey, I'm in Pierre too! I think I know who you are meredith!
I got the juice from you! And taught the breastfeeding class! Welcome to MDC, I don't post here much, but do enjoy a lot of the info on homebirth/breastfeeding/baby wearing!

Hello to the rest of you too!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I live about 60 miles southwest of Sioux Falls (a lot more west than south). We're out in the country, but we make it out to SF about once a week or so, depending on weather =)

Nice to find someone else in the area!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm one of those SF mamas!
Not many of us here, but I guess we're vocal enough to get noticed
Now that I'm past the *baby* stage of my babies,
I'm mostly found on the "learning at home" board

I thought I knew most of the Mothering-types 'round town, but I must've missed you, I don't remember meeting a Haleigh lately
(still easier to remember the kids' names than the parents!)

~diana

·
Registered
764 Posts
Congratulations on new babe!! (Wish I had news like that) I'm in Mitchell, by the way. We still get into SF for LLL once in a while. Hopefully we will make it there in March, so long as the weather permits.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaw/two
Congratulations on new babe!! (Wish I had news like that) I'm in Mitchell, by the way. We still get into SF for LLL once in a while. Hopefully we will make it there in March, so long as the weather permits.
mamaw/two - do you know that there's a LLL group in Salem? That's about 1/2 the distance for you. They're meeting this month on the 8th at 10am in the basement of the rectory for St. Mary's Catholic Church (called the Queen of Peace room). I can't attend this month due to a prior engagement, but it's a great group of women there!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi I'm from north of Sioux Falls, both my husband and I work in Sioux Falls. I grew up in Montrose, right by Salem. I didn't know they had a LLL. I should let my sisters know...

It's so fun to know that SD is represented on these boards, even in a small way.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi!!! I live in SF, too!!! I haven't made it to a LLL meeting since my now 5 year old DS was a baby -- being a single mom with three kids -- I don't really get ANYwhere these days, lol...which is maybe why I had no idea there were other AP, BWing, EBFing people around here...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by haleighsmilkbar
Any mamas out there from Sioux Falls or the surrounding areas??
Hey, I am just right here in your grandparents old house. I finally got on mothering. Well talk to you latter. :

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi every one!!!
I moved to Sioux Falls almost two years ago and still only know about 4 people so im around and bored if you want to talk. Actually i live in Renner thats north of sioux falls. Ill be 21 next month Im married 2 years in july. I have a 5 year old stepdaughter (she lives with her mom in minnesota ) I have a son Rodney hell be 2 next month and the newest one is on the way on july 11th ultrasound showed a boy
I dont get out to much but i love resale shopping. So if you know any new ones around let me know. E-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gen_here
mamaw/two - do you know that there's a LLL group in Salem? That's about 1/2 the distance for you. They're meeting this month on the 8th at 10am in the basement of the rectory for St. Mary's Catholic Church (called the Queen of Peace room). I can't attend this month due to a prior engagement, but it's a great group of women there!
Hi Gen, we have made it to the Salem meetings a few times. I noticed that you have posted about your friend who was called to jury duty and was wondering how that was going?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaw/two
Hi Gen, we have made it to the Salem meetings a few times. I noticed that you have posted about your friend who was called to jury duty and was wondering how that was going?
And if I would have paid more than a second's attention to the signature, I would have remembered you... hi =)

She hasn't been called up to serve yet... just hoping it stays that way. Neither of us were able to make it to the February meeting, but I know she's planning on asking for help with a letter-writing campaign to our legislators at the next meeting. That's Angie who has been there a few times, too. Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CONGRATS WENDY!!!!!!! I just noticed your signature!!!
Anyways,
The LLL meeting is at Sioux Valley this thursday March 16 at 7 PM. I can't remember which room but I know when you walk in and go downstairs you will probably find it! I'm hoping to make it!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.