Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just trying to post to meet some new people around my area. Hopefully I have finally posted this in the right place (I rarely start threads), I think I put it in 2 other forums on accident. Anyhow, I live in Union City, CA. and I am looking for other Mommies who'd like to get together to converse and let our children play. I'd like to do this any week day except for Wednesday, and 11-2pm works best for me, but I'm flexible on that. I have a 22 month old lil girl and I am due to have another little girl around the second week of September. There is the "East Bay Mama's Playgroup," and I have met up with a lot of them before. They are a really cool group of people! It's just they usually meet up a little far from me. I attend a local playgroup on Wednesday's, but it is so mainstream! I'd kind of like to meet some breastfeeding, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, etc., type of mama's. Although I know not everyone does those things either. At least if you are here on MDC, then we have something in common already! I'd just like to stay a little closer to home, so I'd be delighted to travel to San Jose, Mountain View, Fremont, Newark, obviously U.C., Hayward, San Lorenzo, and occasionally even a little farther. So if you too are also looking for something close to home and live in these areas, send me a private message or a post and we'll get together soon!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi!
I am in Union City. I would love to meet up with both of you. Although my daughter won't be much of a play date right now since she is only 6 months old but I am sure she will enjoy being outside.

Juanita, I am a cloth diapering, babywearing and breastfeeding mama too.
Shalini

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Shalini! I am probably very near you. Union City is small! I'm near the new Target store. We really should meet up soon. My Daughter just loves younger babies and my new addition should be here in about 7-8 weeks! Let me know what your schedule is like and what kind of things you like to do and we'll meet up!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Juanita,
We are very near each other! I also live close to the Target store, 10 minute walking distance from my house.
Email me at [email protected] and we'll try to get together some day. I am free pretty much most of the days, all dependent on dd's nap schedule which isn't really fixed. Have you been touch with any other east bay mommies from here?
Shalini

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi!
I'm Jen and I live in Oakland...Shal and I have met before...I wouldn't mind driving to meet up with some other Mamas and Babies...My son Elias is 19 months! I'm seeking an AP playgroup if anyone has info please let me know!
Thanks!
Jen

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm more South Bay... So SF to be exact. I wouldn't mind occasionally driving to the San Jose area, but probably not a weekly thing (twice a month, maybe?). I babywear, co-sleep and BF, too, and am making the switch to CD's soon!

Hopefully, I'll meet a few Momma's during a playgroup soon!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey there Purplemama and Oakland mama....welcome!

It's so great to know there are other AP mama's so nearby.

How about we start a playgroup! Anybody else in? My baby is only 3 1/2 months so we can't really 'play' yet, but we would love some good company.

I love to walk, maybe we can get a walking group together, or whatever interests you. Anybody know of a good place we can hang out? I live in Hayward and make it over to Lake Chabot regularly. Does that sound good to anybody?

Let me know and we can figure something out.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Jen,
Good to see you here! First of all, let me wish your congratulations!! I just noticed that you have a little one along the way.

Hi Purple mama and caring touch,
I wish I had found this board sooner! Walking sounds like a great idea. Since dd loves to be out, I think it will be good fun. Plus I could use the walk.
I haven't been to Lake Chabot before but generally go to Lake Elizabeth or the Newark one. Maybe we can meet at one of those places sometime? Any day is generally good for me.

I look forward to possibly meeting you all!

Shalini

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm so happy that there are AP mama's in my area! It is so good to see that mama's are starting to post! Caringtouch, I'm also looking forward to that walk! And Congrats OaklandMama, I too am expecting! My dd is going to be 22 months on the 29th of this month. Purplemama, we can give you tips on cd too (it's great!). Any day except Wednesday's work for me, but preferably in late morning or early afternoon. Let's all really try to get together! Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Oh, I can't make it this Thursday. We're going to go to Chabot Space and Science Center. Anyone been there before? We have a Happy Hollow membership and we get 50% off for admission at Chabot. Hopefully, I can make the next outing.

Have fun, guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm new here, but stumbled across your post. There is an active AP group for the TriCities area (Fremont, Newark, Union City) that meets every Tuesday, usually in a local park, for a playgroup. We have some members from outside the area too.

We have about a dozen families who are active, and would love to have more.

See our webpage here for more info:
Tri-Cities Attachment Parenting

Suzanne

1 - 16 of 16 Posts