Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all of the eastern WA moms!

We started discussing getting together on a regular basis on another thread, and I wanted to see how many of you are interested and how often you all wanted to get together. We were thinking of rotating houses.

I am a SAHM and don't have a car for me to drive until Friday through Sunday, so unless someone has room for 3 more passengers in their vehicle, it would have to be on Friday, probably. I think once a week would be good. What do you all think?

Anyone else have any opinions about my work idea? In case you didn't read it
, I was thinking instead of just watching the kids play while we chat, we could still chat but also help each other out with chores, projects, preparing meals, etc. each week. What do you guys think about this idea?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I think this is a great idea! (especially the work/play group) The only question I have is how far are people willing to travel? I am willing to drive to tri-cities (from the diaper party thread, that is where I am assuming you are
: ), but I live about 1 hour 45 min northwest. Where is everyone one else at? I hope we can get something going!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! Oops, I forgot to mention that I am in Benton City, which is right next to West Richland. I don't know how far folks are willing to travel either. It seems that if most of us are in the tri-cities area, that would be alot of driving for you every week though, jessmcg. I guess it depends on how many people are in the group and how often we rotate to your house. I might be willing to make the trip occassionally. Let's see what other folks have to say about location.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I would like to join in, but I am thinking every other week would be better for us. If there were 5 or 6 of us doing it that would mean it would only rotate to Jess's house every three months and I wouldn't mind driving up there a couple times. Maybe those of us in the tri-cities could car pool to jess. We could take a couple cars and then the kids could play together in the car and the mom driving would have someone else with them to talk to and to help drive.

Setting a specific time would be good too. That way we would know that one that Friday we would be doing that and then we could schedule other things around it. Maybe like 10-12 or 1-3? What do you guys think???

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I'm in, but I probably won't be able to come every week - I do like the every two weeks idea. I live an hour from Tri-Cities and I *HATE* driving, but I would love to meet up with everybody...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello, if anyone would rather meet on Friday, it would be Dec. 5 or 12. Maybe we could try to work on some homemade Christmas gifts or something. Any ideas for that?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Rachel I'm so glad you started this thread.
I would love to meet up regularly on Fridays at 11am. And I am willing to make a longer drive sometimes.
I have an idea for a Christmas craft, a friend made these ornaments years ago.
First you use a wooden tree ornament cutout , then put a little white paint on a child's fingertip and help them press 3 small imprints stacked like a snowman. I don't know if I described this well enough but the finnished product looks like a snowman, and you could decorate a little more if you wanted. My friend did this using her baby's thumb while he was sleeping, and older kids could easily do it themselves. And I think this would be a really cheap project to do- I'll check into it if there is any interest.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello, I think you guys have probably seen it, but Lisa (spiipsy) has posted about getting together on Fridays at my house instead. She has a poll going with the dates. It is the "Eastern WA mamas... cmon over" thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.