Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
hi. there is a so. NH tribe somewhere in here but yeh, we aren't too active.

a friend of mine from Derry also has twins. born in July. she is in Derry too but ill let her pop in her when she gets a chance.

we are in E. Derry also..small area so we can't be that far apart. i think i am the one that told you about the FTY but not sure if that was you or another E.Derry mama with twins...kind of think it was you! lol!

i have a 7 month old, 8 yo and 15 you...all boys.

maybe you can be teh one to get us all together again!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Derry is exit 4 off Rt. 93, very close to Salem and the Mass. border. it looks like you are prob. 30-40 minutes north of us (looks like you are East of Machester). im not that familiar with the area, but its not that far...just not next door.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
nak

Hey all! 'Nother Derry mama here! Actually I am the mama of twins of which Rach speaks.
Hey Rach!

I moved to Derry a year ago and I am not really sure if this is "east", "south" or what . . . but I am off of Ford Way Ext, near the Windham line. Rach and I have become fast friends and we have also met up with other mamas (I'm still waiting for the Bud tour!
).

My family and I co sleep (yes, even the older ones are still welcome!), nurse (which my 4 yo **** does on occasion), sling, etc. Anywhoo, glad to meet another like minded mama! Maybe we can get together sometime.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Manchester woudl probably be a good "in between".

and that mall is even bigger!

but if that is the largest mall you have ever seen, stay out of Atlanta!!!!

a meet up sounds great..im up for one next week or the week after. next week i have my 8 yo with me. the week after, he's with his dad (we have 50/50), so i would only have the baby (Nick, can i borrow a kid or two for that week?? jk!)....unless anyone wants to meet my 15 yo? no? reallY? why would you not want to meet a teenager whose atttitude STINKS right now b/c he's sooo cool and im sooo not!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I also tend to lurk more than post. I live in Southern NH too - Newmarket! As for ever having time for a get together...I don't even have time to post never mind sit and relax with a group of mamas! I wish...maybe someday!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I currently live in the bay area of CA. I am raising my 4 year old child (boy) by myself and am considering NH or ME. I have a cousin who lives in Manchester and have heard a lot about it. I still nurse him and co sleep. I would like him to attend a waldorf school. How is Manchester? Is it a nice place to live? What is housing like? Here a 30 year old home, in a not too savory part of town, will run close to $600,000. I can never afford to purchase a home.

I am an educator and can make a decent middle class living all by myself. Would Manchester be a good option? How about the Lake Winnepesaki area? (sorry for poor spelling) Is MAine perhaps a better choice (I have aunties and cousins there). I grew up in ME for five years (74-79).

Thanks all.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
i like NH for many reasons. love the town i am in b/c of the school district. moved here from Boston, so for me, the cost is awesome. $600,000 can get you ALOT of house here. however the wages in NH are not what they are where you live nor what they are in Boston, so i dont konw what kind of pay cut you would be dealing with there. if you hvae more questions, feel free to pm if you want or ask away here.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LailaCA
I currently live in the bay area of CA. I am raising my 4 year old child (boy) by myself and am considering NH or ME. I have a cousin who lives in Manchester and have heard a lot about it. I still nurse him and co sleep. I would like him to attend a waldorf school. How is Manchester? Is it a nice place to live? What is housing like? Here a 30 year old home, in a not too savory part of town, will run close to $600,000. I can never afford to purchase a home.

I am an educator and can make a decent middle class living all by myself. Would Manchester be a good option? How about the Lake Winnepesaki area? (sorry for poor spelling) Is MAine perhaps a better choice (I have aunties and cousins there). I grew up in ME for five years (74-79).

Thanks all.
There is a Waldorf School...http://www.pinehill.org/ in the Amherst/Milford area and also a Waldorf High School right across from that...http://www.highmowing.org/. We love NH too, and $600,000 here will by you quite the house.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skylahaley
Wow -- I've been a member of mothering.com for a while now though I mainly lurk (sorry). I just found out today that there is this section where you can FYT in your local area. So cool!! I live in Derry, NH, and am just wondering who else from this area may be reading this!
I have friends in this area and grew up here but rarely do I find anyone who shares my same views on parenting. I'm embarrassed to tell most people in real life that yes, I'm still nursing my 3-year-old; yes, we still co-sleep even w/ our older children; and no, we've never let our children cry it out! I'm proud of these facts but since no one seems to understand, I keep them quiet for the most part.
So, if you're from this area and can understand some of my parenting beliefs, I'd love to hear from you!! I guess you can say, I'm hoping to find my tribe

Thanks!
Hi Nikki! We are right outside of Manchester, about 20 minutes from Derry.
I have a just 3 yo ds and a 14.5mo dd. We would love to meet up with y'all.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aisraeltax
Manchester woudl probably be a good "in between".

and that mall is even bigger!
You think the Mall of New Hampshire is bigger than Rockingham Mall?

Manchester here.

Not to far from Cutie Patootie.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd love to meet up with you all! I'm busy for the next two weekends though but anytime after that would be great! It's a toss up about which mall is bigger -- I prefer the Salem (Rockingham) mall just b/c I'm more familiar with it. I work in Andover, MA, and go there frequently for my lunch breaks. So, if we meet up, maybe we could go to one of those malls, the Met in Derry, or even the Portsmouth Children's Museuem (that's about 40 min from Derry but maybe a good midpoint for some of us).

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
i thought the manc. mall was bigger
but i dont know...i guess its bc it looks bigger on the outside (im a big visual person, and its all sprawled out). i dont go to either much but i do prefer the salem mall.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aisraeltax
i thought the manc. mall was bigger
but i dont know...i guess its bc it looks bigger on the outside (im a big visual person, and its all sprawled out). i dont go to either much but i do prefer the salem mall.

They are both very big but the Salem mall does have 2 floors.
I am bored today with noone to hang with. (not that I ever have anyone to hang with)

·
Banned
2,883 Posts
Where I grew up in Vermont, the nearest mall was an hour away, and WAY smaller than any mall I've ever seen around here. The mall in Salem is about the size of the town I grew up in. My husband is from Mass, so its no big deal to him, but i'm amazed! And there is a babies R us in Salem. A WHOLE store about babies! Granted, there is nothing there I need or want, but I can't believe the size of that store!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.