Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We are looking to move to Southern Utah next year.  My mom lives in St. George, but I wasn't really getting a great vibe from the area.  Can anyone sell me on St. George, or any town within about an hour of there?  I'm seeing a lot of Northern Utah/SLC or Arizona mamas on here, but not too much where we're actually planning to go.</p>

·
Registered
284 Posts
<p>I'm in St. George and I love it here. I am LDS so it obviously does not bother me that the community is primarily the Mormon culture. We have a great AP moms group and I think you'd love the weather (in the wintertime at least!). Let me know if there are any specific questions I can answer for you. Where are you moving from?</p>

·
Registered
10 Posts
<p>I live about 3 hours North of St. George in a really small town. I love it here. I have found an eclectic community that is supportive of our family. We are not LDS. My homebirth midwife is from St. George and I loved her. We spent a lot of time there for check-ups. I think St. George is great too. Hot summers, but I like that.</p>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<p>I live near St. George! There's a lot to love here and a few things that can be hard to deal with sometimes. The weather is beautiful and it's so nice to be able to be outside most of the year. July and August are super hot, but there are lots of pools and splash pads! We have TONS of beautiful places to hike, lots of parks, lots of bike/running trails, a nature center... so it has a lot to offer in the "getting outdoors" area.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are you LDS? The culture here is very very Mormon. I grew up here and was Mormon at the time; when I moved back after living away for a number of years (I am not LDS anymore) I was surprised at how much the culture really is LDS-dominant. I haven't had much trouble -- most people are very nice -- but I don't really have many close friends here. I think it is possible to find your niche, though, and the culture is definitely changing, albiet slowly. Of course, if you are LDS then probably none of this will concern you! :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The "natural" community is definitely on the rise here, which is exciting to me! I think there is an AP playgroup on Yahoo groups, we have several natural foods stores and a new farmer's market, and I don't get many weird looks for nursing my almost-two-year-old in public. :) I also have an AMAZING homebirth midwife.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you have more questions, feel free to ask!</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts