Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sure, I'm interested. I live in the East End and my son is 4 months old. I'd love to get together with other parents who EC since I don't actually know anyone else who does it. Let me know if you find anyone else!

Marla

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marla I think it is just us on here, but I know of other parents who do it in the 'burgh. I was wondering if we could talk together and possibly just advertise here and there through the Midwife center and other outlets once we find a meeting spot.
I had also thought at one point that maybe just having an Attachment Parenting support group that would encompass everything we do including EC would make more sense. Whaddya think?
BTW my baby girl is also 4 months..

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goody! Where do you all want to meet and when? I stay at home so really most times are available. My friend Christy is doing this as well so she'd probably come. I live in Crafton Heights in the west end of town 5 minutes from downtown. My friend Christy lives near the airport. So we have us out West, Marla out east, and Wiffey up north...where do you guys think is a good in-between?
I don't mind offering my aprtment for the first meeting if you all want. Wiffey, you could hop on 79 and get off at the Crafton exit--I'm about ten minutes from the exit off of Steuben St.
Let me know what you all think--this is so fun!!!
BTW Marla, do go to the new breastfeeding moms group at WEst Penn? I went yesterday and your name came up as someone that comes to some of the meetings..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great! The best time for me would be s weekday morning while my daughter is in preschool... maybe a Monday or Wednesday around 10 am?? I'd have to be back in the East End by noon, but I'd be happy to drive to Crafton Heights.

And nope, I don't go to any groups at West Penn. I've been to LLL meetings in Monroeville and East End and I'm active with the Pittsburgh Mothers' Center and the Midwife Center.

Looking forward to meeting both of you!

Marla

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds great to me. Is next Monday at 10am too soon? I figure we can all meet and then determine how often we want to meet and so forth after the first meeting.
PM me if that sounds good and we can get in touch further about directions, numbers and all that junk.
This is very cool!

·
Registered
16 Posts
This coming Monday won't work for me, nor will the following, due to preschool scheduling - sorry! Wednesdays are fine for the next couple weeks.

I pointed a couple other interested people to this thread from another mailing list. Hopefully we'll have some more interest.

Marla

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm interested, too! I have an 18 month old daughter that we started ECing/early potty training at 13 months (the first time I heard about EC). We have another baby on the way, too, that we'd like to EC.
I live in Robinson, so Crafton is perfect. And Wed mornings are fine, too.
Claire

·
Registered
109 Posts
I lived in Crafton for a couple months many years ago. Its the one place I can actually get to and figure out how to get back home. I'm navigationally challenged.

I'm not sure what I can fit into my schedule. While I desperately need to be with other moms right now, the reality is I may not be able to fit it in. I homeschool/cyberschool my 5 and 8yo daughters, so that takes up every morning. Wednesday is the only morning we could skip, but I would have to bring them with me. I'm just really overwhelmed lately. Well, actually the last 7 months

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what works for everyone else.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wednesdays I go to the new breastfeeding moms group at West Penn. I can skip a few meetings however if Wednesday is best. As for bringing your kids--go right ahead we'll figure something out. I might even be able to get the hall at my church right across the street if we need more kid friendly space, or even just space in general. We have a school with some fields and a playground up the street if need be and we have two computers and cable at my apartment. If you all like we could try and meet next Wednesday at 10AM.
Let me know what you all think

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so to recap, Brandie and Marla you are both coming. Marla will bring a 4 month year old dd, and Brandie with a 7 month old dd, a 5 year old dd, and an 8 year old dd. I have a 4 month old, and another person from the Pittsburgh NINO group named Michelle is coming as well with I believe an 18 month old. My frined Chrsty will be there too with a 7 month old dd. I'm still unsure about Claire.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry the response took so long...I think that is a great idea!
The next meeting isat 10 am Dec 19th..one week and only if folks can make it. please pm and let me know
If anyone is interested just pm me with your email and I"ll compile a list and email reminders two weeks in advance..
Season

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.