Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i had my cs the hosptial gave me a birth certificate that had footprints on it and stated all the facts. but i dont think it was an official one since i still recieved one from teh state of michigan. what should i do to get that cute one just make it myself? do they sell thelm somewhere? also i was thinking maybe i could make the belly cast a birthcertificate, with all the info on it, what do you think?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Are you using a midwife? If so, ask her whether she does one. My last hb midwife had a nice certificate that she brought and did the footprints on. If not, it would be easy to make one up (you could base it on the hospital one you have) and have it printed on nice paper.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hey --<br><br>
Your midwife usually takes a little pink 3x5 card for each person who is at the birth (midwife, doula, parents) and puts the baby's name, footprints, and stats on it and hands it out to each person.<br><br>
I think it might be cool, though, to have another set of footprints on something special that you made.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm pretty sure both in his hands and cascade (birth supplies retailers online) sell birth certificates

1 - 4 of 4 Posts