Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you Sugarpeas experts! I have a sizing question. I bought a "large" wool sugarpeas off this tp, (yellow with green stitching) and when it came in, it was too big, so I put it away, knowing Emilio would grow into it. It seemed larger than all the other larges he currently fits. Then I found a bunch of Sugarpeas fitteds and a "large" cover listed on wahmkitty, which I won. It came in the mail last night, and it seemed smaller than the other cover, I tried it on Emilio, and it fit. I took the yellow large out of the drawer, wondering if maybe Emilio just grew, and although the yellow fits now, it is definately bigger than the new one. The yellow one has a sugarpeas tag on it that says large, the cranberry one does not have a sugarpeas tag anywhere, but it looks just like the yellow one (other than no tag, and the sizing difference). Did sugarpeas change their sizing at some point? Is the yellow one an older version? What's the deal?

Link to auction: This is definately a sp, right?

http://kittybids.com/cgi/item.pl?item=41458

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It's a SP for sure. I don't think that they changed the sizing, but the older things that I have dont have any tags on them. I have had a couple of SP wool covers that I have bought used and they have varied in size a bit, but nothing dramatic. I chalked it up to some felting. Maybe that's the case with yours?

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
That looks like a SP alright.
What sort of wool fabric (flannel, jersey etc) is the other one made of? Maybe is has been stretched or something? That is kind of weird...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
That looks like a SP, and I know that color combo was available. My experience with Sugarpeas, although I love them, is that the sizing is wildly inconsistent. I never know what I am going to get, when I order a certain size. I know that is not helpful, but that is just what I have found.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts