·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Please!  I'm taking two to our family's big T day meal. Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
317 Posts
<p>I like this recipe that I came up with. I make it without the chicken or breadcrumbs as a side for thanksgiving<br>
You can also substitute chicken/veggie broth for the milk.<br><br>
Herbed Sweet Potatoes and Chicken<br><br>
-= Ingredients =-<br>
1/2 cup Milk<br>
3 tablespoons Butter<br>
1 teaspoon Salt<br>
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper<br>
1/2 teaspoon Parsley<br>
1/2 teaspoon Rosemary<br>
1/2 teaspoon Thyme<br>
1/2 teaspoon Garlic<br>
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder<br>
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb (optional)<br>
4 Sweet Potatoes<br>
4 Chicken Breasts<br>
1/4 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs<br><br>
-= Instructions =-<br>
Preheat the oven the 375°F. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and milk together. Add salt through Mrs. Dash (all the seasonings) and stir over medium heat until very fragrant. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces. Add to herb mixture in pot and stir until well coated. Place in the bottom of an oven safe baking dish.<br>
Beat the chicken breasts until thin. Cut into quarters and position over the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top of each piece. Season with Mrs. Dash if desired.<br>
Bake covered in oven for 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are softened and chicken is cooked through. If a crunchy topping is desired, remove lid for last 15 minutes of baking.<br><br>
Or you can shop the chicken into bite sized pieces and mix it all together<br>
OR you can just skip the chicken and bread crumbs making just the potatoes (which is what I do for thanksgiving dinner, soo good!)<br><br>
Please keep in mind that the measurements are my estimates since this is something I came up with as I was going.</p>

·
Registered
709 Posts
<p>I bring this every year because it is super easy and everyone likes it: </p>
<p>Green beans with shallots and thyme</p>
<p>Snap ends of fresh beans, boil in salted water for just a few minutes, drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.</p>
<p>In same pan that you used before for boiling, heat some olive oil, saute some chopped shallots for a few minutes.  Add the beans back in, along with fresh thyme and a smidge of fresh lemon juice and sea salt.  Just stir to coat and you are done.  I will make this in the morning, throw in a bowl and take it over to in-laws and reheat quickly before putting on the table. </p>

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
<p>These are my favorites stored in my Epicurious.com recipe box:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Maple-Glazed-Brussels-Sprouts-with-Chestnuts-15535" target="_blank">Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Delicata-Squash-with-Rosemary-Sage-and-Cider-Glaze-104125" target="_blank">Delicata Squash with Rosemary, Sage and Cider Glaze</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/350455" target="_blank">Scalloped Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato Gratin</a></p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts