Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

We are thinking about moving to NJ and were looking for a town/area that has a great reputation for special education/autism services. We've heard Voorhees and Cherry Hill are good. Can anybody comment on those towns or suggest any others?

thanks so much!
Caroline

· Registered
4,376 Posts
fwiw, i've read that brick has the highest percentage of children with autism, nationwide. so either their programs are great and people are moving there, or something wacky is going on environmentally.

· Registered
430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kate~mom View Post
fwiw, i've read that brick has the highest percentage of children with autism, nationwide. so either their programs are great and people are moving there, or something wacky is going on environmentally.
I live in Toms River - which is right next to Brick - and it has extremely high percentages and there was lots of crazy stuff about environmental factors - specifically the water...

Otherwise I grew up in Cherry Hill. Both my sister and mother work in special needs education in Cherry Hill/Haddonfield area. There are some good resources - both private and public. But I honestly dont know how it compares to other areas of the state.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
I work in a special education program in Washington Township, NJ (near Sewell), and it's awesome. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about this area.

· Registered
233 Posts
Basking Ridge NJ is supposed to be a good town- as well as any school who is in the sending district for the Morris-Union Jointure Commission. The Somerset Hills YMCA in Basking Ridge has several great programs for kids with Autism.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.