Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My blood pressure has been borderline for this whole pregnancy and for the last week it's been a little more elevated (145/90ish). Had my appt today and the OB wants some testing to make sure the baby is doing OK. So I have an ultrasound in an hour and then have to wait around another hour and a half to go back up and have an NST done, then two more NSTs next week ( yeah that we're not going anywhere for thanksgiving). I'm hoping everything is fine, I'm afraid they'll start talking induction if not. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
591 Posts
<p>Thinking good thoughts!!!!!</p>

·
Registered
220 Posts
<p>praying for you and baby</p>

·
Registered
458 Posts
<p>I hope they're just being extra cautious and that it turns out to be a non issue. Take care.</p>
<p>xxx</p>

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
<p>*hugs* Thinking of you and your little one.</p>

·
Registered
465 Posts
<p>Hope it all is OK!</p>
<p>I had BP issues in my pregnancies too.. In my 3rd they ended up inducing me cause it was too high, but I was 37.5 weeks so a non-issue. How many weeks are you now? And as far as being induced, out of my 4 births the induction was very similar pain wise etc, had her naturally as well and she was my biggest. They are watching me for my BP again and expect I wont make it much past 37 weeks since mine seems to go up then. I did a high high protein diet for 4 days two weeks ago when mine went up and that helped bring it back down.. Now I am on "take it easy rest"</p>

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had the ultrasound. It was all very clinical with a tech who didn't say 10 words. Arghh... My husband was able to take an hour from work and come hold my hand for it, but he had to go back, so now I'm just killing time. I don't really think there's anything wrong, but it's anxiety-producing nevertheless. I am 37w1d today, so technically in the clear, but I don't want to have him come before he's really ready. We'll see....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Baby passed the NST with no problem and the ultrasound came back normal. Hurray! I now have a hospital-approved home blood pressure monitor and urine dipsticks to check for protein every morning. Someone from the office is going to call me daily(!!) to check in my results. One thing about Kaiser, they are organized.<br>
I was hoping to keep this kid in for a while longer, but now I'll be thrilled if I go into labor right after Thanksgiving dinner so I can be done with this whole thing and start snuggling my little one.<br><br>
Thanks for the support ladies, it's really great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts