Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was hoping to avoid the hospital until labor this time around but Monday morning I woke up bleeding and got myself admitted to the hospital. They don't know what was causing the bleeding and it still hasn't completely stopped, spotting from time to time now, but they let me come home later that day as long as I take it easy. I also have to go see a perinatologist tomorrow afternoon because my blood sugar levels are starting to rise and I'm going to need to start insulin.

Thanks for listening, just having a little pity party for myself.

Jenn

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Here's a dumb question- you've probably had an ultrasound to rule out any sort of previa, right?

No need to apologize, I'd be having a pity party, too! That's stressful stuff!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zjande View Post
Here's a dumb question- you've probably had an ultrasound to rule out any sort of previa, right?

No need to apologize, I'd be having a pity party, too! That's stressful stuff!!

Not a dumb question, I had a US about 6 weeks ago but I will be having another in the next week or so at the perinatology assessment center to take another look. I just hope they can give me a reason for what is going on.

Jenn

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Take good care of yourself and let us know how you are doing. Pity parties are fine...I throw much bigger ones over much more minor stuff.

Hope everything is fine and your next doc visit can give you peace of mind.

Christa

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
That's not a pity party. Put your feet up and make other people take good care of you.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the hugs, I needed them.

Back from the doc and all looks fine, babe is measuring perfectly and the placenta is out of the way. They're still puzzled by the bleeding but that has completely stopped today so I'm happy about that. And, no insulin yet. I'm going to try to make a few diet changes and may start a small dose of glyburide if the numbers don't go down a little. All in all it was a very reassuring appointment.

Jenn

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.