Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just posted about trying to sneak and throw my dd's (4) trash away that she will hoard...<br>
a lot of you mentioned OCD tendencies in your kids (or family history, which we have both)<br><br>
any helpful suggestions for how to respect them and not throw them into PANIC but yet not feed the beast by indulging their obsessions?<br><br>
my dd also seems to have a lot of power struggle issues, but hear that gets better after the 4th year.<br><br>
thanks!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I'm seeing a child play therapist starting this friday to discuss the compulsive tendencies in my 3.5 year old. I'll post about it after I do.<br><br>
My 3.5 year old skin picks, plays with her nipples, and belly button and sucks her thumb. And it is very obvious to me now that she cannot control it, and it is worse when she is anxious. She will hide to do it and does not want to be redirected when doing it.<br><br>
Three is a pretty young age for the usual mediation/cognitive therapy route used for older children and adults so it should be interesting to see what we are going to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts